* Flood Warning continues for
The North Platte River near Mitchell.
* For the North Platte River near Mitchell, Moderate flooding is
occurring, with a stage of 8.8 feet measured at 8 AM Wednesday.
* Moderate flooding is forecasted, with a maximum stage of 9.3 feet,
which is 1.8 feet above flood stage.
* The river will crest at 9.3 feet Friday evening at 6 PM.
* Impact...at 9.5 feet...Major flooding occurs across southern
portions of Scottsbluff. Major flooding of homes and agricultural
land occurs near the river. Flood wave travel time from Mitchell to
Scottsbluff is about 10 to 12 hours.
* Flood history...This crest compares to a previous crest of 9.3 feet
on Jun 2 1971.