The Flood Warning continues for
The Red River Near Alexandria.
* from Friday afternoon until further notice...or until the warning
* At 7:00 PM Wednesday the stage was 28.9 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 32.0 feet.
* Forecast...rise above flood stage by Friday afternoon and continue
to rise to near 35.5 feet by Sunday morning.
* Impact...At stages near 35.0 feet...Considerable overflow below
Alexandria to the confluence with the Black River occurs. Backwater
flooding worsens along inflow bayous that drain into the Red River.
* Impact...At stages near 33.0 feet...Backwater flooding begins
along Bayou Maria and Huffman Creeks east of Pineville.
* Impact...At stages near 32.0 feet...Flooding of lowland areas near
the river occurs and recreational boating is affected.
* Impact...At stages near 31.0 feet...Some of the outfall canals are
slowed or not allowed to drain into the river between 31 and 32
feet. Depending on rainfall this could cause flooding along some of
the bayous, especially along Bayou Rigolette.
* Impact...At stages near 28.0 feet...Overflow occurs on floodway
side of levee from gauge to Acme. Recreational boaters should use
extreme caution due to high river flows.
* Impact...At stages near 23.0 feet...When the river reaches 23 feet
with a predicted continual rise, the public boat ramps in Rapides
and Avoyelles parishes will close. These include the ramps at
Boyce, Fort Buhlow, Alexandria Levee Park, Lock and Dam #2,
Brouillette and Ben Routh recreation areas.