Like other outdoor activities, hiking has a direct relationship with current and upcoming weather conditions. From precipitation over the past 24-hours that may lead to muddy and slippery areas to RealFeel Temperatures and hours of sunlight, your adventure will be much safer and more enjoyable under good conditions.
- Wear sunscreen or UV-protective clothing.
- Stay hydrated and bring enough water.
- Hiking in the early morning can help you avoid high temperatures.
- Plan your route with enough time to finish before sundown.
- Wear the right gear for the current weather conditions.