The Flood Warning continues for
The Red River Near Alexandria.
* from Friday afternoon until further notice...or until the warning
* At 10:00 AM Wednesday the stage was 28.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 32.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will rise above flood stage by Friday afternoon
and continue to rise to near 35.5 feet by Sunday morning.
* Impact...At stages near 35.0 feet...Considerable overflow below
Alexandria to the confluence with the Black River occurs. Backwater
flooding worsens along inflow bayous that drain into the Red River.
* Impact...At stages near 33.0 feet...Backwater flooding begins
along Bayou Maria and Huffman Creeks east of Pineville.