While personal preferences for weather conditions vary, several common factors make running more difficult or unsafe. Temperature, humidity, wind gusts, and precipitation can lead to a slow down or an uncomfortable run.
- Do not run when there is lightning or extremely cold temperatures.
- Stay hydrated, especially in hot and humid weather.
- Wear sunscreen or UV-protective clothing.
- Wear the right running shoes for the current weather conditions.
- Pay attention to your body and its levels of discomfort.