Industry's only complete interactive touchscreen solution launches new content innovation across social media, traffic, crime, weather, and more, responding to major market demand.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - March 31, 2014 - Newsrooms worldwide can now access a significantly wider breadth of new interactive apps and features than ever before with StoryTeller(r) Interactive Touchscreen Solution created by AccuWeather, meeting the needs of every breaking story. From local crime sprees and traffic accidents to flight delays and Minute by Minute™ weather updates, StoryTeller has enhanced real-time newsroom coverage to further differentiate broadcast stations in their markets. Best of all, downloading and using new applications for StoryTeller is now as fast and easy as adding new apps to a smartphone.
"StoryTeller is known as the leading interactive touchscreen solution for your entire newsroom, reaching over 80 million viewers. Now, we're meeting a new range of needs with more apps and features that can be downloaded and operationalized while the news is still hot," said Ryan Ayres, Vice President of Display Systems and Services for AccuWeather. "The major expansion in StoryTeller's content offering, combined with the real-time immediacy of downloadable apps and new live switching between apps, will have stations using StoryTeller in new interactive ways that they have never before imagined to gain market share."
StoryTeller's new apps and features will be showcased at the 2014 NAB Show, including:
- AlertID Crime App: All-new StoryTeller app that provides over 170 types of crime-related data, maps, and graphics to report hyper-local stories about missing persons, murders, sex crimes, robberies, and more. The Crime App is powered by AlertID, providing accurate, detailed crime updates and alerts at local, state, and federal levels.
- Social Media TV App: New social media enhancements include the addition of hashtag searches, social video integration, and the addition of two major social platforms to effectively share social media sentiments and engagement on trending news headlines. Special preview features enable posts to be quickly and easily pre-screened and selected for on-air use.
- INRIX Traffic App: Expanded traffic app includes new street-level segment information, customizable street labeling and overlays on cameras, plus a skyline forecast to deliver real-time road travel conditions, accidents, road closures, and local event traffic impacting viewers. Powered by INRIX, the leading provider of traffic services and updates.
- Weather App: Now featuring AccuWeather's MinuteCast™, a Minute by Minute™ hyper-local weather update that predicts start and end times for precipitation by-the-minute for the next two hours for any street address. Additional app enhancements include the 3-day forecast, multi-city map views, and temperature maps to provide informative, engaging weather updates with zoom, scale, swipe, and draw interactive capabilities.
- Airport Delays App: All-new StoryTeller app utilizes the latest flight status information from across the country to keep viewers updated on airport travel conditions. Broadcasters can map multiple airports and showcase up-to-date flight statuses for each location, as well as generate weather radar overlays impacting flight arrivals and departures.
- Dynamic App Switching: New exclusive StoryTeller feature allows broadcasters to instantly and seamlessly switch between StoryTeller apps to bring every story to life with uninterrupted, flawless on-air reporting.
AccuWeather is a global leader in digital media, developing award-winning apps and partnering with all major manufacturers of mobile devices, serving over 5.6 billion data requests every day. There are 1.3 billion AccuWeather branded apps installed on mobile and connected devices worldwide. AccuWeather has applied this digital expertise to develop StoryTeller Interactive Touchscreen Solution, one of the only tools of its kind that utilizes the highly successful and innovative "Smart Device App Model" to bring every story to life in compelling, interactive, and engaging ways.
Please join us at NAB 2014 for live demos of our StoryTeller interactive applications. As space will be limited, please plan on arriving 15 minutes early. You can also contact us to reserve your space or schedule a private demonstration.
AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
Every day over a billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ for nearly 3 million locations worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, free wired and mobile internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Founded in 1962 by Dr. Joel N. Myers - a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs - AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 72,000 third-party websites. In 2014, the company will launch the AccuWeather Channel, an "All Weather, All the Time™" multi-platform national channel for forecasts with Superior Accuracy.
Visit StoryTeller.AccuWeather.com for additional information.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, is celebrating the passage of the innovative bill H.R. 1561, known as the Weather Forecast and Innovations Act of 2015. The bill is the first step toward giving the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) the authority to acquire high-value commercial and academic weather data and will help NOAA advance its global forecasting superiority in weather prediction.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, and Huafeng Media Group, the commercial weather media company owned by the China Meteorological Administration, have formed a unique one-of-a-kind joint venture for the distribution of enhanced weather information in China. The partnership expands AccuWeather's forecast locations and offers people throughout China enhanced weather forecasts of many kinds never before available in China.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, has been recognized with a Governor's ImPAct Award, a result of the company's global leadership, expansive reach, and continued growth. The award is in the Export Impact category in recognition of AccuWeather as "a company that has significantly increased its export sales" and consequently has brought outside revenue and new jobs to Pennsylvania.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced an exciting new sweepstakes event May 1 - 20. The AccuWeather "20 Days of Giveaways" sweepstakes invites users to enter each day for a chance to win on the AccuWeather Facebook page.
Barry Lee Myers, CEO of AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, has been asked by MediaPost to give a Keynote Interview at the Publishing Insiders Summit on the strengths and opportunities of data-driven advertising for publishers and advertisers.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, President, and Chairman of AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, will be presenting one of the Keynote Presentations at The Big Data Innovation San Jose 2015 summit, hosted by Innovation Enterprise, today at the San Jose Convention Center. In the presentation, Dr. Myers will share his insights on the challenges of big data and the age of transformative innovation and his views on the keys to success and growth during this period of rapid and dramatic change.
AccuWeather, Inc., a global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced its Apple Watch app is now available – offering important, life-saving, on-the-go weather information and alerts with Superior Accuracy instantly and easily accessible to Apple Watch users worldwide.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, is pleased to announce that Marie Svet, AccuWeather Chief Revenue Officer, has garnered a prestigious 2015 Top Women in Digital -- Corporate Visionary Award from Cynopsis Media. Cynopsis presents this award to "the women who are making it happen, whether in the trenches or at the leading edge of the digital world".
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, presents an interactive polling application for the StoryTeller Interactive Touchscreen Solution, providing real-time viewer feedback and polling results at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) show this week.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, is bringing a new type of forecasting to the revolutionary StoryTeller Interactive Touchscreen Solution with the addition of the Ascel Bio, Inc’s Disease Forecast application.
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization has over 1,000 locations on its prestigious World Heritage list -- here are picks for the most stunning sites.Read Story >