Industry's only complete interactive touchscreen solution launches new content innovation across social media, traffic, crime, weather, and more, responding to major market demand.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - March 31, 2014 - Newsrooms worldwide can now access a significantly wider breadth of new interactive apps and features than ever before with StoryTeller(r) Interactive Touchscreen Solution created by AccuWeather, meeting the needs of every breaking story. From local crime sprees and traffic accidents to flight delays and Minute by Minute™ weather updates, StoryTeller has enhanced real-time newsroom coverage to further differentiate broadcast stations in their markets. Best of all, downloading and using new applications for StoryTeller is now as fast and easy as adding new apps to a smartphone.
"StoryTeller is known as the leading interactive touchscreen solution for your entire newsroom, reaching over 80 million viewers. Now, we're meeting a new range of needs with more apps and features that can be downloaded and operationalized while the news is still hot," said Ryan Ayres, Vice President of Display Systems and Services for AccuWeather. "The major expansion in StoryTeller's content offering, combined with the real-time immediacy of downloadable apps and new live switching between apps, will have stations using StoryTeller in new interactive ways that they have never before imagined to gain market share."
StoryTeller's new apps and features will be showcased at the 2014 NAB Show, including:
- AlertID Crime App: All-new StoryTeller app that provides over 170 types of crime-related data, maps, and graphics to report hyper-local stories about missing persons, murders, sex crimes, robberies, and more. The Crime App is powered by AlertID, providing accurate, detailed crime updates and alerts at local, state, and federal levels. - Social Media TV App: New social media enhancements include the addition of hashtag searches, social video integration, and the addition of two major social platforms to effectively share social media sentiments and engagement on trending news headlines. Special preview features enable posts to be quickly and easily pre-screened and selected for on-air use.
- INRIX Traffic App: Expanded traffic app includes new street-level segment information, customizable street labeling and overlays on cameras, plus a skyline forecast to deliver real-time road travel conditions, accidents, road closures, and local event traffic impacting viewers. Powered by INRIX, the leading provider of traffic services and updates.
- Weather App: Now featuring AccuWeather's MinuteCast™, a Minute by Minute™ hyper-local weather update that predicts start and end times for precipitation by-the-minute for the next two hours for any street address. Additional app enhancements include the 3-day forecast, multi-city map views, and temperature maps to provide informative, engaging weather updates with zoom, scale, swipe, and draw interactive capabilities.
- Airport Delays App: All-new StoryTeller app utilizes the latest flight status information from across the country to keep viewers updated on airport travel conditions. Broadcasters can map multiple airports and showcase up-to-date flight statuses for each location, as well as generate weather radar overlays impacting flight arrivals and departures.
- Dynamic App Switching: New exclusive StoryTeller feature allows broadcasters to instantly and seamlessly switch between StoryTeller apps to bring every story to life with uninterrupted, flawless on-air reporting.
Why AccuWeather? AccuWeather is a global leader in digital media, developing award-winning apps and partnering with all major manufacturers of mobile devices, serving over 5.6 billion data requests every day. There are 1.3 billion AccuWeather branded apps installed on mobile and connected devices worldwide. AccuWeather has applied this digital expertise to develop StoryTeller Interactive Touchscreen Solution, one of the only tools of its kind that utilizes the highly successful and innovative "Smart Device App Model" to bring every story to life in compelling, interactive, and engaging ways.
Please join us at NAB 2014 for live demos of our StoryTeller interactive applications. As space will be limited, please plan on arriving 15 minutes early. You can also contact us to reserve your space or schedule a private demonstration.
AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com Every day over a billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ for nearly 3 million locations worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, free wired and mobile internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Founded in 1962 by Dr. Joel N. Myers - a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs - AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 72,000 third-party websites. In 2014, the company will launch the AccuWeather Channel, an "All Weather, All the Time™" multi-platform national channel for forecasts with Superior Accuracy.
Visit StoryTeller.AccuWeather.com for additional information.
AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, today announced that Kurt Fulepp has joined its leadership team as Chief Product Officer. Fulepp brings more than a decade of experience as a digital product executive in multiplatform storytelling, product management, content commercialization and cross-platform brand development. He most recently served as Vice President and Digital General Manager of News and Business at Time, Inc.
By providing the most accurate forecasts and warnings, AccuWeather helps save more lives, keeps more people safe, and helps companies plan more effectively in all weather conditions. The AccuWeather Ready initiative takes this commitment even further by providing weather preparedness updates and tools when they matter the most, personalizing the weather so people can improve their lives. As temperatures drop, visit AccuWeather Ready to prepare for what the season has in store.
AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, today announced that attorney Marc Lemberg has joined its leadership team as General Counsel and Chief Legal Officer. Lemberg is former Vice President and Associate General Counsel and Vice President, Strategy and Mergers and Acquisitions, for Tyco International.
In an acknowledgment of his legacy of leadership and philanthropy at The Pennsylvania State University and in Central Pennsylvania, AccuWeather Founder, President and Chairman Dr. Joel N. Myers will be honored at the 41st Annual Renaissance Fund Dinner. The dinner will raise critical scholarship funding for the Dr. Joel N. Myers and Family Renaissance Scholarship Fund, designated for exceptional students with financial challenges who would not otherwise have the opportunity to attend such a preeminent institution of higher learning. The event will be held Wednesday, November 29th at the Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center in State College.
AccuWeather, the largest and fastest growing source of weather forecasts and warnings as well as a global leader of digital media and weather-related big data, has announced the promotion of Jonathan Porter to Vice President of Business Services and General Manager of Enterprise Solutions. Porter, a member of AccuWeather’s executive team, previously served as Vice President of Innovation and Development.
AccuWeather, a global leader in weather forecasts and warnings, is sending a team of employees to Puerto Rico November 5-8 to distribute urgently needed items to people in the town of Patillas, who are dealing with the impact of Hurricane Maria. The trip is intended to ensure that desperately needed aid gets directly into the hands of people hit hard by this year’s extraordinary hurricane season.
AccuWeather, the largest and fastest growing source of weather forecasts and warnings with Superior Accuracy as well as the global leader of digital media and big data, today announced a Mosquito Zika Risk Index on AccuWeather.com and AccuWeather iOS apps. Availability on the AccuWeather app for Android will follow soon.
AccuWeather, the largest and fastest-growing source of weather forecasts and warnings with Superior Accuracy, has announced it is responding to the extraordinary 2017 hurricane season, with a companywide effort to help victims impacted by Hurricane Maria. The company has made arrangements to adopt the town of Patillas, Puerto Rico, a remote village located in the southern part of the island, as a focus for AccuWeather’s “Rays of Hope” community service initiative.
AccuWeather is pleased to announce that Barry Lee Myers, Chief Executive Officer and member of the AccuWeather Board of Directors, has been listed by President Trump, in an intent to nominate announcement, to serve as Under Secretary of Commerce for Oceans and Atmosphere and Administrator of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
AccuWeather, the world’s largest and fastest growing source of weather forecasts and warnings with Superior Accuracy as well as the global leader in digital media and big data, today announced a new data milestone of exceeding 30 billion data requests daily, demonstrating that a growing number of people and businesses around the world trust and rely on AccuWeather to save lives, reduce bodily harm, protect property and help them get more from their day.