1. The snow in Michigan should pile up anywhere from 1 to 6 inches depending on location. The snow should end this evening, and that will be it for this storm.
2. Severe storms will be the big story today. Yesterday, I thought we would get some storms in the Ohio Valley, but all we had were just a few hail storms. Today should be different considering that all the parameters are coming together for a line of storms developing from Virginia down to Georgia with eastern Virginia into eastern North Carolina the hit zone for tornadoes and damaging winds. The SPC folks have a moderate risk out for that area which is very rare to see in February so even they are impressed for some nasty storms.
3. Lake-effect snow should hit the Great Lakes tonight through Saturday. The normal lake-effect zones downwind of the lakes will get the heavy snow. I know my map shows 3-6 inches, but it's hard for me to draw every little area of snow. So just understand, the range of snow can go from 1 inch to 2 feet.
4. The next storm will cut across the northern Plains, so the area of snow you see on the map is for that storm this weekend. Winds will blow the snow around, so it may look like a blizzard in open areas of northern North Dakota and northern Minnesota.
5. The longer range looks like typical March weather with wild swings in the temps. While the cold air might not be all that impressive, I think anytime the warm air comes shooting north, it will be impressive just how high temps can go in the pattern. The deviation from normal on the higher side of the temps could be like 10 degrees in the warm air while in the cold air the deviations may only be -3 degrees.
Comments that don't add to the conversation may be automatically or manually removed by Facebook or AccuWeather. Profanity, personal attacks, and spam will not be tolerated.
Storm is coming up the coast but will only skirt New England. Heat follows into the East.
Florida gets drenched and the same storm skirts New England
The same storm that produces severe weather will produce a major storm this weekend.
The stormy weather pattern today will turn into a chilly blocking pattern this weekend.