Severe Weather Alerts - Waynesville, NC
Wind Advisory in effect from Wednesday, 12:00 AM EST until Wednesday, 7:00 PM EST. Source: U.S. National Weather Service
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST WEDNESDAY ABOVE
* LOCATIONS...The higher elevations of the Smokies and the
central North Carolina mountains along the Tennessee state
* HAZARDS...Very windy conditions.
* TIMING...Winds will increase tonight, remaining strong through
the day on Wednesday.
* WINDS...South 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* IMPACTS...Strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.weather.gov/gsp.