The National Weather Service in Milwaukee/sullivan has issued a
* Flood Warning for
The Wisconsin River At Portage.
* At 6:00 AM Thursday the stage was 16.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...Rise above flood stage by this evening and continue to
rise to near 17.1 feet by after midnight tomorrow.the river will
fall below flood stage by tomorrow morning.
* Impact...At 17.0 feet...There is general overflow of the river.
Water is near homes in the Blackhawk Park area of Portage on the
south side of the river along Old River Road. Floodwaters are over
West Lake Road and Blackhawk Road in the Blackhawk Park area.