...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM MST /MIDNIGHT CST/
THIS EVENING TO 5 AM MST /6 AM CST/ MONDAY...
* WHAT...Mixed wintry precipitation expected tonight and Sunday
morning becoming all snow from Sunday afternoon into Sunday
night. Strong north winds Sunday night will result in blizzard-
like conditions with areas of blowing and drifting snow causing
* WHERE...Portions of east central Colorado, northeast Colorado,
northwest Kansas and southwest Nebraska.
* WHEN...11 PM tonight to 5 AM Monday.
* IMPACTS...Road closures are likely including Interstate 70.
Power outages are possible. Downed trees and tree branches as
well as power lines.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Total snow accumulations of 5 to 8 inches,
with localized higher amounts possible, and ice accumulations of
a light glaze are expected. Winds gusting up to 50 mph Sunday
afternoon through Sunday night.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow, sleet
and ice are expected. This will make travel very hazardous or
impossible. The latest road conditions for the state you are
calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.