Severe Weather Alerts - Mount Vernon, WA
Coastal Flood Advisory
Coastal Flood Advisory in effect from Wednesday, 5:00 AM PST until Wednesday, 10:00 AM PST. Source: U.S. National Weather Service
...COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TO 10 AM
* COASTAL FLOODING...The combination of high astronomical tides,
low atmospheric pressure and waves from onshore winds will
result in minor coastal flooding Wednesday morning.
* SOME AFFECTED LOCATIONS...Seattle, Tacoma, Port Townsend,
Friday Harbor, Bellingham, Blaine Harbor, and other low lying
locations around Puget Sound and the Northern Inland Waters.
* TIMING...High tides will generally occur between 630 AM and 8
AM on Wednesday. Minor tidal overflow is possible an hour or
two either side of high tides.
* TIDE INFO...The predicted high tide plus tidal anomalies due
to atmospheric pressure will result in tides up to 0.3 feet
above the value where flooding begins.
* IMPACTS...Possible flooding of low lying areas along the shore
around the time of high tides.
A Coastal Flood Advisory indicates that onshore winds and tides
will combine to generate flooding of low areas along the shore.