Severe Weather Alerts - Medford, OR
Air Stagnation Advisory
Air Stagnation Advisory in effect until Tuesday, 4:00 AM PST. Source: U.S. National Weather Service
...AIR STAGNATION ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM PST TUESDAY...
* Air quality...Poor mixing and light winds will keep stagnant
conditions in place through at least Monday night. A brief
period of improvement is expected Saturday. Pollutants may be
trapped near ground level, resulting in reduced air quality at
times. The Oregon Department of Environmental Quality has issued
an Air Pollution Advisory which is in effect until further
notice for Douglas, Josephine, Jackson, Klamath and Lake
counties. Increasing winds Tuesday should result in improved
conditions, especially east of the Cascades.
* Locations include...Valleys in Douglas, Josephine, Jackson,
Klamath and Lake counties.
* Impacts...Pollutants in smoke may aggravate heart and lung
disease and aggravate other serious health problems. Limit
outdoor activities when air quality is reduced. Diminished air
quality can create respiratory problems, especially for
sensitive groups. Please follow medical advice if you have a
heart or lung condition.
* For additional information on the air quality alert...please
visit the web site at http://www.oregon.gov/deq
* Check the latest air quality information at
* View the hazard area in detail at
An air stagnation advisory indicates that due to limited movement
of an airmass across the advisory area, pollution will increase.