Severe Weather Alerts - Decatur , IN
High Wind Warning
High Wind Warning in effect from Sunday, 7:00 AM EST until Monday, 1:00 AM EST. Source: U.S. National Weather Service
...HIGH WIND WARNING NOW IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM EST /4 AM CST/
SUNDAY TO 1 AM EST /MIDNIGHT CST/ MONDAY...
The High Wind Warning is now in effect from 5 AM EST /4 AM CST/
Sunday to 1 AM EST /midnight CST/ Monday.
* Sustained west winds of 35 to 40 mph, with frequent gusts of 50
to 55 mph are expected to start early Sunday morning and
persist into the evening hours of Sunday.
* Brief periods of sustained winds to 45 mph and wind gusts to
between 60 and 65 mph are also possible on Sunday. A brief
period of these intense winds will likely occur with a cold
front between 5 AM EST and 9 AM EST.
* Downed tree limbs and small trees could block roads and lead
to power outages as well as cause minor structural damage.
* Driving in high profile vehicles, especially on north-south
roads could become hazardous.
* Unsecured outdoor objects will be blown around.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.