...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM MST THIS
* LOCATION...This includes the Central and South Central
Highlands, South Central Mountains and Eastern Lincoln and
Southwest Chaves Counties.
* WINDS...West 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 65 mph through the
afternoon as directions gradually shift out of the northwest.
Speeds will weaken some toward sunset with speeds from 25 to 35
mph with gusts up to 55 mph through the evening.
* TIMING...Winds will peak in strength this afternoon, then weaken
some during the evening, before weakening further late this
evening and tonight.
* VISIBILITY...Locally reduced below 3 miles at times in dust
prone locations. Reduced below 1 mile at times where fresh snow
* LOCAL IMPACTS...Dangerous cross winds will impact north-to-south
and northeast-to-southwest oriented roads this afternoon, then
hazardous cross winds will persist across northeast-to-southwest
oriented roads this evening. Unsecured and light weight objects
may become airborne. Flimsy structures may topple over, tree
limbs may break, and a few power lines may fall down this
afternoon when winds are strongest.
Remember, A High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.