...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 7 PM MDT THURSDAY FOR
WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY
FOR THE PALMER DIVIDE AND PARTS OF THE EASTERN PLAINS...
The National Weather Service in Denver has issued a Red Flag
Warning for wind and low relative humidity...which is in effect
from noon to 7 PM MDT Thursday. The Fire Weather Watch is no
longer in effect.
* Affected Area...Fire Weather Zones 241...245...246...247 and
* Timing...Noon to 7 PM MDT Thursday.
* Winds...South 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Relative Humidity...as low as 9 percent.
* Impacts...Gusty winds along with a dry airmass and above normal
temperatures will cause critical fire weather conditions on
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now....or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.