Severe Weather Alerts - Butte Falls, OR
Air Stagnation Advisory
Air Stagnation Advisory in effect until Wednesday, 4:00 AM PST. Source: U.S. National Weather Service
...AIR STAGNATION ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM PST
* Air quality...Poor mixing and light winds will keep stagnant
conditions in place through Tuesday night. Pollutants may be
trapped near ground level, resulting in reduced air quality at
times. The Oregon Department of Environmental Quality has
issued an Air Pollution Advisory which is in effect until
further notice for Josephine, Jackson, and Douglas counties.
Increasing winds will improve mixing on Wednesday.
* Locations include...Valleys in Douglas, Josephine, and Jackson
* Impacts...Pollutants in smoke may aggravate heart and lung
disease and aggravate other serious health problems. Limit
outdoor activities when air quality is reduced. Diminished air
quality can create respiratory problems, especially for
sensitive groups. Please follow medical advice if you have a
heart or lung condition.
* For additional information on the air quality alert...please
visit the web site at http://www.oregon.gov/deq
* Check the latest air quality information at
* View the hazard area in detail at
An air stagnation advisory indicates that due to limited movement
of an airmass across the advisory area, pollution will increase.