...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM TO 8 PM PDT SUNDAY FOR
STRONG GUSTY WIND WITH LOW RH FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONE 285...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Red Flag
Warning, which is in effect from 4 PM to 8 PM PDT Sunday. The
Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Impacts...A combination of strong winds and low humidity with
high fire danger will likely contribute to signficant spread of
new and existing fires.
* Affected area: In California...Southern portion of FWZ 285,
including the Stone Fire, and cities of Canby and Alturas.
* Counties affected: Southern Modoc.
* Wind...West to southwest 13 to 16 mph with gusts to 24 mph.
* Humidity...8 to 11 percent.
* View the hazard area in detail at
Strong winds and low relative humidities will cause fires to
spread very rapidly.