Keeping your lawn looking its best can be tricky. Paying attention to seasonal weather patterns and current conditions can help you make the wisest choices when looking for the best time to cut and maintain your lawn.
- Mow grass when it is about two inches tall.
- Never cut more than a third of the total grass height at a time.
- Alternate mowing patterns each time you cut to optimize growth.
- Stop mowing for the season when you first notice frost on the ground.
- Never mow your grass when it is wet. It can lead to an uneven cut, and clumps of wet grass can stick together and block sunlight.