Standards for Content Inclusion:
Materials provided to AccuWeather for inclusion on any website hosted or managed by AccuWeather may not and shall not violate any of the General Terms and Conditions of the agreement(s) with AccuWeather or any terms in any supplemental written terms and conditions, as well as any applicable website Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement, or End User License Agreement. Please pay close attention to the Acceptable Use Policy and the Notice Specific To Documents Available On This Website in the Terms and Conditions, because those sections outline specific behaviors that should be avoided when considering content for inclusion with AccuWeather products and service. Although the AccuWeather websites, products and services are not intended for use by children, these Standards for Content Inclusion are provided to ensure that materials accessible through the various AccuWeather websites, products and services are not objectionable to a broad spectrum of individuals, including the occasional end user under the age of 13. These Standards are also designed to optimally ensure that the AccuWeather websites, products and services do not (i) incorporate images or content that is in any way unlawful, harmful, threatening, defamatory, libelous, obscene, or harassing; (ii) promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; (iii) promote illegal activity or incorporate any materials which infringe or assist others to infringe any copyright, trademark, patent, or other legal rights; (iv) present materials unsuitable for viewing by children under the age of 13; or (v) display content featuring competitors of AccuWeather.
Guidelines have been constructed to ensure that the above objectives are met, with little further involvement by AccuWeather. AccuWeather relies upon its business partners to act in accordance with generally accepted principles of fair play. These guidelines are flexible, designed to work with the rapidly changing media environments we live and work with. Many of our business partners have ever-changing business needs which dictate that we be allowed the freedom to update and modify these guidelines from time to time to ensure that our commitments to our business partners are met, while they maintain high quality standards on their end. Some of our business partners are also subject to tight government regulations imposed by agencies such as the Federal Communications Commission. Given that need for flexibility, many of these guidelines are simply that: not a "hard and fast rule" of conduct, but a guideline meant for conservative interpretation by the end user and our Subscribers. We ask that you use common sense as a rule of thumb: our target audiences are information end users, from media giants to the single end user who benefits from the free services offered through our advertising-subsidized website. If the major networks, radio stations, and print publications wouldn't publish or broadcast it, then it most likely is "Inappropriate Content", and you shouldn't include it as content for inclusion in our products and services in any manner whatsoever, including, without limitation, branding and advertising space. Some examples of Inappropriate Content include content related to the following subjects:
There may be other types of content not specifically outline above that would be considered "Potentially Inappropriate Content." Once again, we ask you use a general rule of thumb using common sense, and err on the side of caution. When in doubt, ask your AccuWeather representative for assistance in interpreting these guidelines, and make sure you get written consent from AccuWeather if you intend to include items which may be considered Potentially Inappropriate Content.
- Alcoholic beverages (beer, wine, liquor, etc.).
- Tobacco (cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco, etc.).
- Guns/weapons (firearms, bullets, etc.).
- Illegal drugs (marijuana, cocaine, etc.).
- Sexual (adult themes, sexual activities, pornography, etc.).
- Crime and criminal conduct in general (organized crime, notorious characters, etc.).
- Violence/Mayhem (physical harm or pain, torture, riots, etc.).
- Dehumanizing (degrading, abuse, humiliating, etc.).
- Death (funeral homes, mortuaries, etc.).
- Hate (racial, religious, ethnic, etc.).
- Gambling (casinos, lotteries, etc.).
- Politics (lobbyists, political campaigns, etc.).
- Illegal acts (violates, or promotes the violation of, any criminal law, etc.).
- Controversial topics (social issues, abortion, etc.).
- Unauthorized or unapproved use of any third party's intellectual property.
- Copy or parody of current or past third party products or services
- Implied affiliation, association or endorsement by, or favored status with AccuWeather, mobile carriers, or media companies.
Version Date: August 1, 2005