STATE COLLEGE, Pa. May 07, 2012 - AccuWeather's new, art-inspired iPad app is a beautiful display of weather graphics and information. It has a creative, vintage design and even more features, such as a hurricane center, choices for how the detailed and local 15-day forecasts are displayed, and full support of the Retina display on the new iPad.
"The evolution of our iPad app came from the feedback our users gave us. The end result is a stunning, artistic app that is heavy on user choice. We love that they can choose between the water color painting background or the classic, black backdrop. They can also choose to see their forecasts in a list or a graph view," said Pascal Racheneur, AccuWeather Vice President of Interactive Media.
New features include:
- Complete iCloud synchronization of locations and settings between multiple iOS devices and the AccuWeather App for iPhone and iPod touch.
- Simplified interface providing an easy comparison of more weather information.
- Faster navigation and improved support for landscape and portrait orientations.
- Advanced hurricane center that lets you track the latest storms.
- Social media sharing through Facebook and Twitter.
- Customizable design themes with the water color painting and classic black backgrounds.
- Full support for the Retina display on the new iPad.
Continued core functionality includes:
- Accurate and local forecasts for 2.7 million locations worldwide. Updated every hour, forecasts have detailed hourly forecasts for the next 24 hours, plus day and night forecasts and information for the next 15 days.
- For worldwide locations, when AccuWeather forecasts snow, ice, rain, wind, or the probability of thunderstorms in the next three days, an orange exclamation point is displayed on the location's 15-day forecast screen.
- Exclusive lifestyle forecasts that show how current conditions affect specific health risks or even your favorite outdoor activities.
- Current weather conditions constantly updated with the very latest humidity percentages, visibility, UV index, wind speed gusts and direction, times for sunrise and sunset, and RealFeel® - AccuWeather's exclusive weather forecasting system that analyzes multiple conditions to determine how the local temperature actually feels, which may be warmer or colder than the temperature, depending on these conditions.
- Radar for all of North America and worldwide satellite overlaying interactive Google Maps™.
- Current news and weather videos, with many available in both English and Spanish.
- Multiple location storage.
- Choice between metric or imperial units, and either a 12-hour or 24-hour time display.
The AccuWeather App is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
About AccuWeather and AccuWeather.com
Every day nearly half a billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides the most accurate and detailed hourly forecasts for every location where people live and work worldwide (more than 2.7 million locations), with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, and smart TVs and appliances, as well as on radio and television and in newspapers. Founded in 1962 by Dr. Joel N. Myers - recognized as one of the top 528 entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs - AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 50,000 third-party websites, including The Wall Street Journal, CBS News, and The New York Times.
The AccuWeather Network focuses on local weather and also features national and regional weather of interest provided in context, reporting on top weather news and applying it to peoples' lives.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, President, and Chairman of AccuWeather, Inc., has reaffirmed his lifelong dedication to encouraging better and healthier lives for Americans, improving the American education system, and stimulating economic growth by accepting membership to the Committee for Economic Development of The Conference Board (CED). Membership to the respected nonprofit, nonpartisan, business-led public policy organization is by invitation only
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in digital weather information to media, the public, and business and industry, accepts Microsoft’s Visionary Award in the Big Data category at Microsoft Convergence 2015, beginning today in Atlanta, Ga.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, announces its continued commitment to Facebook's Internet.org mission of connecting the two-thirds of the world who don’t already have internet access by providing critical weather information and updates. Internet.org users can access AccuWeather’s detailed and localized weather information with Superior Accuracy(TM) through the Internet.org app.
With the end of winter less than a month away, the season has performed as predicted by the AccuWeather 2014-15 Winter Forecast, released to the public over four months ago. In the Midwest and East, very mild weather in November and December gave way to unusual levels of cold and snow, while the West has remained dry much of the winter, which is likely to worsen the drought situation. All of this wild weather was predicted by AccuWeather months in advance.
AccuWeather today announced its uniquely personalized and accurate global weather information is helping to power connected devices worldwide and offering users actionable insight into personal decisions related to their health and safety. David Mitchell, AccuWeather Vice President of Digital Media - Emerging Platforms is participating as a panelist in Wearable World at Mobile World Congress 2015. The “Connectivity 2020: Use Cases for Wearables and IoT” panel is scheduled for Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 8:00pm in Barcelona, Spain at Makers of Barcelona.
AccuWeather today announced that it receives and processes more than 9.5 billion digital requests for its accurate and personalized weather forecasts with Superior Accuracy(TM) every day from locations all over the world.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in digital weather information to media, the public, and business and industry, today announced that it has acquired Hazard Notifications LLC, of Norman, Okla., an innovative developer of customized weather forecast modeling and mapping with leading-edge, feature-specific applications integrated across digital platforms.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in digital weather information to media, the public, and business and industry, today announced that it has acquired WeatherBank, Inc., an integrated meteorology company that has been an innovative and mainstay part of the weather industry for over 30 years. WeatherBank provides comprehensive weather databases, patented weather technology, and specialized programming and consulting services across major industries and leading businesses.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, honors Dr. Alfred K. Blackadar, a leader whose contributions in meteorology have significantly impacted the weather enterprise and lives of many.