STATE COLLEGE, Pa. May 07, 2012 - AccuWeather's new, art-inspired iPad app is a beautiful display of weather graphics and information. It has a creative, vintage design and even more features, such as a hurricane center, choices for how the detailed and local 15-day forecasts are displayed, and full support of the Retina display on the new iPad.
"The evolution of our iPad app came from the feedback our users gave us. The end result is a stunning, artistic app that is heavy on user choice. We love that they can choose between the water color painting background or the classic, black backdrop. They can also choose to see their forecasts in a list or a graph view," said Pascal Racheneur, AccuWeather Vice President of Interactive Media.
New features include:
- Complete iCloud synchronization of locations and settings between multiple iOS devices and the AccuWeather App for iPhone and iPod touch.
- Simplified interface providing an easy comparison of more weather information.
- Faster navigation and improved support for landscape and portrait orientations.
- Advanced hurricane center that lets you track the latest storms.
- Social media sharing through Facebook and Twitter.
- Customizable design themes with the water color painting and classic black backgrounds.
- Full support for the Retina display on the new iPad.
Continued core functionality includes:
- Accurate and local forecasts for 2.7 million locations worldwide. Updated every hour, forecasts have detailed hourly forecasts for the next 24 hours, plus day and night forecasts and information for the next 15 days.
- For worldwide locations, when AccuWeather forecasts snow, ice, rain, wind, or the probability of thunderstorms in the next three days, an orange exclamation point is displayed on the location's 15-day forecast screen.
- Exclusive lifestyle forecasts that show how current conditions affect specific health risks or even your favorite outdoor activities.
- Current weather conditions constantly updated with the very latest humidity percentages, visibility, UV index, wind speed gusts and direction, times for sunrise and sunset, and RealFeel® - AccuWeather's exclusive weather forecasting system that analyzes multiple conditions to determine how the local temperature actually feels, which may be warmer or colder than the temperature, depending on these conditions.
- Radar for all of North America and worldwide satellite overlaying interactive Google Maps™.
- Current news and weather videos, with many available in both English and Spanish.
- Multiple location storage.
- Choice between metric or imperial units, and either a 12-hour or 24-hour time display.
The AccuWeather App is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
About AccuWeather and AccuWeather.com
Every day nearly half a billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides the most accurate and detailed hourly forecasts for every location where people live and work worldwide (more than 2.7 million locations), with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, and smart TVs and appliances, as well as on radio and television and in newspapers. Founded in 1962 by Dr. Joel N. Myers - recognized as one of the top 528 entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs - AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 50,000 third-party websites, including The Wall Street Journal, CBS News, and The New York Times.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced its patented MinuteCast minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts are now available to drivers via AppLink using Ford's new SYNC 3 in-car communications and entertainment system, initially available in Ford's Mondeo, S-MAX, and Galaxy models.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, has announced the appointment of Steven Hickson as Chief Financial Officer. Hickson is a proven finance leader with media and management experience in guiding organizational growth on a global scale, providing financial leadership for organizations around the world including significant expansions in Latin America, Asia, Europe, and more.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, President, and Chairman of AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, has been recognized by The Pennsylvania State University with the Distinguished Alumni Award, the highest recognition the University bestows on an individual. The Penn State Board of Trustees selected eight alumni in 2016 for this honor.
AccuWeather is recognized for its weather accuracy leadership in a new global report from ForecastWatch, a leading third-party weather forecast monitoring and assessment company. The study’s twelve-month evaluation names AccuWeather the most accurate source of overall temperature forecasts measured through mean absolute error and forecasts within three degrees. AccuWeather is also first in high temperature forecast accuracy measured through mean absolute error and forecasts within three degrees, in addition to the #1 ranking in low temperature forecast accuracy measured in mean absolute error (tied) and forecasts within three degrees.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced the launch of the all-new AccuWeather app for Apple TV. The innovative category-leading app revolutionizes the weather viewing experience for Apple TV users and further expands AccuWeather's global reach across platforms -- users can rely on AccuWeather's Superior Accuracy across devices and locations to improve their lives.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced it has appointed Bill Boss as Director of Product Development, Display Systems and Services. Reporting directly to Ryan Ayres, Vice President of Display Systems and Services, Bill brings 30 years of experience in the meteorological industry working in sales, marketing, product management, and executive roles in the U.S. and Asia-Pacific region. He has comprehensive product experience spanning multiple industry verticals including broadcast media, insurance, and aviation.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, announces the launch of StormDirector+, the all-new weather system that provides the most interactive, customizable, and complete local weather presentations with Superior Accuracy to television stations. AccuWeather demonstrates StormDirector+ live at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show through April 21, 2016 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV – AccuWeather booth #SL6010.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, announces all-new CampaignTrail, the break-through election application now available f StoryTeller Interactive Touchscreen Solution, the only complete, interactive touchscreen solution for the entire news presentation. AccuWeather is demonstrating CampaignTrail live at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show April 18-21, 2016 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV – AccuWeather booth #SL6010.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced industry-leading innovations in StoryTeller® Interactive Touchscreen Solution, the only complete, interactive touchscreen solution for all aspects of the on-air presentation. AccuWeather will demonstrate these revolutionary advancements live at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show today through April 21, 2016 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV – AccuWeather booth #SL6010.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced the launch of Future Radar available on its award-winning AccuWeather iOS app for U.S. users. AccuWeather’s Future Radar provides the most accurate, localized updates on the movement and path of storms in a highly engaging visual map view. iOS app users can now quickly and easily access detailed precipitation radar in the future to help them plan ahead and stay safe.