Courtyard Hotels First to Leverage New Features and Design, Including New Ad Placements
STATE COLLEGE, PA - May 30, 2012 - AccuWeather's new, art-inspired iPad app is a beautiful display of weather graphics and information, and ideal for monthly sponsorships. It has a creative, vintage design and even more features, such as a hurricane center, choices for how the detailed and local 15-day forecasts are displayed, full support of the Retina display on the new iPad, and a sleek ad interface that goes beyond only traditional banners.
At launch, the app is partnered with Courtyard's, "It's a New Stay" campaign. Exclusive interactive placements highlight Courtyard's redesigned lobby concept, featuring amenities such as The Bistro, the GoBoard® touchscreen, personal Media Pods, and furnished outdoor spaces.
The app's new features include:
- Complete iCloud synchronization of locations and settings between multiple iOS devices and the AccuWeather App for iPhone and iPod touch.
- Simplified interface providing an easy comparison of more weather information.
- Faster navigation and improved support for landscape and portrait orientations.
- Advanced hurricane center that lets you track the latest storms.
- Social media sharing through Facebook and Twitter.
- Customizable design themes with the water color painting and classic black backgrounds.
- Full support for the Retina display on the new iPad.
Continued core functionality includes:
- Accurate and local forecasts for 2.7 million locations worldwide. Updated every hour, forecasts have detailed hourly forecasts for the next 24 hours, plus day and night forecasts and information for the next 15 days.
- For worldwide locations, when AccuWeather forecasts snow, ice, rain, wind, or the probability of thunderstorms in the next three days, an orange exclamation point is displayed on the location's 15-day forecast screen.
- Exclusive lifestyle forecasts that show how current conditions affect specific health risks or even your favorite outdoor activities.
- Current weather conditions constantly updated with the very latest humidity percentages, visibility, UV index, wind speed gusts and direction, times for sunrise and sunset, and RealFeel® - AccuWeather's exclusive weather forecasting system that analyzes multiple conditions to determine how the local temperature actually feels, which may be warmer or colder than the temperature, depending on these conditions.
- Radar for all of North America and worldwide satellite overlaying interactive Google Maps™.
- Current news and weather videos, with many available in both English and Spanish.
- Multiple location storage.
- Choice between metric or imperial units, and either a 12-hour or 24-hour time display.
The AccuWeather App is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
About AccuWeather, Inc., and AccuWeather.com
Every day nearly half a billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides the most accurate and detailed hourly forecasts for every location where people live and work worldwide (more than 2.7 million locations), with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, and smart TVs and appliances, as well as on radio and television and in newspapers. Founded in 1962 by Dr. Joel N. Myers - recognized as one of the top 528 entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs - AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 50,000 third-party websites, including The Wall Street Journal, CBS News, and The New York Times.
AccuWeather is working with Samsung to provide a pre-loaded weather app on the newly announced Samsung Galaxy S5. This is the latest step in a strong relationship between the two companies.
Timed to coincide with the recent expansion of BBM™ -- now available on iPhone and Android as well as BlackBerry® smartphones – AccuWeather has launched its own premiere BBM Channel. The new AccuWeather BBM Channel will offer a range of breaking weather information, including severe weather updates, breaking stories, local weather images, radar and more for BBM subscribers across mobile platforms.
AccuWeather today announced it has joined the Tizen Association Partner Program to help further the development and deployment of the Tizen Operating System (OS) platform. The Tizen Association is an industry consortium that supports the development of an open-source software platform and operating system – Tizen – for a wide range of connected devices. As a Tizen Association Partner, AccuWeather will have the opportunity to join relevant Tizen Association Working Groups and to participate in Tizen Association meetings, giving the company more insight and potential input into the development of the Tizen OS.
The day of the Big Game finally arrived and football fans everywhere -- whether watching the game from their living rooms or the 50 yard line – were ready for weather conditions and their possible impacts, thanks to AccuWeather forecasts. For a full 45 days before game day, AccuWeather was accurately predicting no snow.
With next week's start of the 94th annual meeting of the American Meteorological Society, AccuWeather reaffirms its full support, commitment, and appreciation for the foundational weather sets, models, and core infrastructure the government, academic research professionals, and meteorologists in all parts of the weather enterprise contribute to the safety of the national and global populations. As the world’s largest and fastest-growing multi-media weather company and a leading member of the meteorological community, AccuWeather believes this expression of support is especially important at this time.
With less than a week to go before SundayÃ‚Â’s Big Game, the question on everyoneÃ‚Â’s minds has been whether or not it will snow. AccuWeather has been tracking conditions since December 18 on www.WillitSnow.com and the latest forecast indicates players may expect a typical winter day and average chilly temperatures when they take to the field at MetLife Stadium on Sunday.
Since the announcement of the launch of the 24/7 AccuWeather Channel in the third quarter of 2014, the company has seen a groundswell of positive support. In AccuWeather continued commitment to put its audience first, the company responds to audience needs by keeping the focus on forecasts, not fluff -- All Weather, All the Time.
AccuWeather is pleased to announce it will launch a 24X7 weather channel, to be known as the AccuWeather Channel, in the third quarter of 2014.
During the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show, AccuWeather announces its partnership with BT Software and the Kaliki Audio Newsstand to allow drivers to get access to current weather conditions and forecasts on-demand in GM vehicles in 2014.
AccuWeather today announced that it has launched www.WillitSnow.com, providing the most accurate forecasts for the game day and all days leading up to it.