STATE COLLEGE, Pa. May 07, 2012 - AccuWeather's new, art-inspired iPad app is a beautiful display of weather graphics and information. It has a creative, vintage design and even more features, such as a hurricane center, choices for how the detailed and local 15-day forecasts are displayed, and full support of the Retina display on the new iPad.
"The evolution of our iPad app came from the feedback our users gave us. The end result is a stunning, artistic app that is heavy on user choice. We love that they can choose between the water color painting background or the classic, black backdrop. They can also choose to see their forecasts in a list or a graph view," said Pascal Racheneur, AccuWeather Vice President of Interactive Media.
New features include:
- Complete iCloud synchronization of locations and settings between multiple iOS devices and the AccuWeather App for iPhone and iPod touch.
- Simplified interface providing an easy comparison of more weather information.
- Faster navigation and improved support for landscape and portrait orientations.
- Advanced hurricane center that lets you track the latest storms.
- Social media sharing through Facebook and Twitter.
- Customizable design themes with the water color painting and classic black backgrounds.
- Full support for the Retina display on the new iPad.
Continued core functionality includes:
- Accurate and local forecasts for 2.7 million locations worldwide. Updated every hour, forecasts have detailed hourly forecasts for the next 24 hours, plus day and night forecasts and information for the next 15 days.
- For worldwide locations, when AccuWeather forecasts snow, ice, rain, wind, or the probability of thunderstorms in the next three days, an orange exclamation point is displayed on the location's 15-day forecast screen.
- Exclusive lifestyle forecasts that show how current conditions affect specific health risks or even your favorite outdoor activities.
- Current weather conditions constantly updated with the very latest humidity percentages, visibility, UV index, wind speed gusts and direction, times for sunrise and sunset, and RealFeel® - AccuWeather's exclusive weather forecasting system that analyzes multiple conditions to determine how the local temperature actually feels, which may be warmer or colder than the temperature, depending on these conditions.
- Radar for all of North America and worldwide satellite overlaying interactive Google Maps™.
- Current news and weather videos, with many available in both English and Spanish.
- Multiple location storage.
- Choice between metric or imperial units, and either a 12-hour or 24-hour time display.
The AccuWeather App is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
About AccuWeather and AccuWeather.com
Every day nearly half a billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides the most accurate and detailed hourly forecasts for every location where people live and work worldwide (more than 2.7 million locations), with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, and smart TVs and appliances, as well as on radio and television and in newspapers. Founded in 1962 by Dr. Joel N. Myers - recognized as one of the top 528 entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs - AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 50,000 third-party websites, including The Wall Street Journal, CBS News, and The New York Times.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced the results of a national survey that details how winter weather conditions affect consumer behavior by the minute, from road travel to holiday preparations. The AccuWeather MinuteCast study polled 1,000 respondents across the U.S., revealing findings with some stark regional differences.
AccuWeather's hyper-local forecast information is pre-loaded on the new Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note 4 Edge, and Gear S. The weather has never looked better, combining the leading-edge of mobile display technology and the Superior Accuracy(tm) of the global leader in digital weather information.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, announced today that the company's newly appointed Chief Financial Officer, Edward Van Saders, is a featured speaker at the “CFO Playbook for Private Companies Summit”. The theme of the summit "Strategies for a Profitable Future" is a perfect fit for Van Saders' presentation, 'The AccuWeather Forecast: Business & Weather".
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, announced today that it is sponsoring a sweepstakes that asks users to share their true stories, in pictures and captions, showing how they make each minute count in their own lives.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced it has launched an update to its AccuWeather for Windows 8 app to include the popular feature AccuWeather MinuteCast. MinuteCast is the only global minute-by-minute precipitation forecast for a person’s exact street address or GPS location. This patented forecast functionality was introduced to users of the AccuWeather app for Windows Phone in August 2014. With the Windows 8 app update, AccuWeather also further advances its goal to provide one universal app for Windows tablet, desktop, and phone users worldwide.
AccuWeather Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, is the only source for the unique 45-day Forecast which allows users to begin to monitor their local forecasts for Christmas starting today. The AccuWeather 45-Day Forecast goes beyond historical averages to give people detailed and localized forecasts reaching further than any other free weather source, all the way to the biggest holiday of the year.
AccuWeather Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, is pleased to work with Internet.org, a Facebook-led initiative, as it expands accessible and affordable internet services to the people of Kenya. Free basic services through Facebook's Internet.org app will be available to Airtel customers in Kenya later this week.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in digital weather information, today announced that the innovative AccuWeather MinuteCast is now available on its website and mobile website in seven additional countries throughout Europe including France, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and parts of the Czech Republic. In addition to the new global locations, AccuWeather MinuteCast continues to be available for people in locations across the contiguous United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, and Japan.
AccuWeather Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced their partnership with Lotame to deliver even more insights for advertisers and create personalized experiences for AccuWeather users on web and mobile web platforms. Their ability to provide more granular audience segmentation – including demographic and purchase intent data points – will enable advertisers to reach receptive audiences with relevant advertising, making AccuWeather ad experiences as personalized as their forecasts.
AccuWeather Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, is pleased to work with Facebook’s Internet.org initiative to provide global weather forecasts and warnings with Superior Accuracy. Through the Internet.org app expansion, Tigo Tanzania subscribers will now have access to a suite of free services including weather, health, education, finance, jobs, communication, and local information.