STATE COLLEGE, Pa. November 21, 2011 - AccuWeather announced today that its accurate, detailed, and local weather information is available on the Kindle Fire. Users may choose from two AccuWeather apps, a free, ad supported version called AccuWeather for Android, or, an ad free version called AccuWeather Platinum for a limited time promotional price of $1.99 ($2.99 list price).
"We're very pleased that our popular weather forecasts and information are conveniently available to Kindle Fire users," said Pascal Racheneur, AccuWeather Vice President of Interactive Media. "People love our apps because it gives them the local information they are looking for, it's accurate, and offers additional detail. And, it is all delivered in an interactive, graphically appealing, and user friendly way."
Features of both the AccuWeather for Android and AccuWeather Platinum apps include:
- Accurate and local forecasts for locations worldwide. Updated every hour, forecasts include detailed hourly forecasts for the next 24 hours, plus day and night weather forecasts and information for the next 15 days - all in 23 different languages.
- Weather Alarms™, for locations worldwide, for weather events including, snow, ice, rain, wind speed/gusts, and probability of thunderstorms.
- Current weather conditions data is updated every 15 minutes and includes humidity percentages, visibility, UV index, wind speed gusts and direction, times for sunrise and sunset, and RealFeel® - AccuWeather's proprietary weather forecasting system that takes into account multiple weather conditions to determine how the local temperature actually feels, which may be warmer or colder than the temperature depending on these conditions.
- Day and night forecasts include high and low temperatures, Weather Alarms™, precipitation type and amount, wind speed and gusts, and RealFeel®.
- Weather display of North American radar and worldwide satellite overlaying interactive Google Maps™.
- Current news and broadcast-quality weather videos with many available in both English and Spanish.
- Sharing function where a user can share the current, hourly, 15-day forecast, or forecast detail view using the social media applications they have installed on their Kindle Fire.
- Status bar on home screen displays the current temperature for a user's home location.
- Stores unlimited amount of locations along with up to 10 favorite locations.
- Customizable color themes.
- Choice between metric or English units, and either a 12-hour or 24-hour time display.
Both the AccuWeather for Android and AccuWeather Platinum apps are available for download from the Amazon Marketplace.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, announces its continued commitment to Facebook's Internet.org mission of connecting the two-thirds of the world who don’t already have internet access by providing critical weather information and updates. Internet.org users can access AccuWeather’s detailed and localized weather information with Superior Accuracy(TM) through the Internet.org app.
With the end of winter less than a month away, the season has performed as predicted by the AccuWeather 2014-15 Winter Forecast, released to the public over four months ago. In the Midwest and East, very mild weather in November and December gave way to unusual levels of cold and snow, while the West has remained dry much of the winter, which is likely to worsen the drought situation. All of this wild weather was predicted by AccuWeather months in advance.
AccuWeather today announced its uniquely personalized and accurate global weather information is helping to power connected devices worldwide and offering users actionable insight into personal decisions related to their health and safety. David Mitchell, AccuWeather Vice President of Digital Media - Emerging Platforms is participating as a panelist in Wearable World at Mobile World Congress 2015. The “Connectivity 2020: Use Cases for Wearables and IoT” panel is scheduled for Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 8:00pm in Barcelona, Spain at Makers of Barcelona.
AccuWeather today announced that it receives and processes more than 9.5 billion digital requests for its accurate and personalized weather forecasts with Superior Accuracy(TM) every day from locations all over the world.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in digital weather information to media, the public, and business and industry, today announced that it has acquired Hazard Notifications LLC, of Norman, Okla., an innovative developer of customized weather forecast modeling and mapping with leading-edge, feature-specific applications integrated across digital platforms.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in digital weather information to media, the public, and business and industry, today announced that it has acquired WeatherBank, Inc., an integrated meteorology company that has been an innovative and mainstay part of the weather industry for over 30 years. WeatherBank provides comprehensive weather databases, patented weather technology, and specialized programming and consulting services across major industries and leading businesses.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, honors Dr. Alfred K. Blackadar, a leader whose contributions in meteorology have significantly impacted the weather enterprise and lives of many.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, is pleased to work with Internet.org, a Facebook-led initiative, as it makes a historic first launch in South America providing accessible and affordable internet services to the people of the Republic of Colombia. Free basic services through Facebook's Internet.org app will be available to Tigo Colombia customers.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, President, and Chairman of AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, was invited to present the Keynote speech at the American Meteorological Society (AMS) Third Symposium on the Weather and Climate Enterprise. In his presentation "Transforming the Weather Enterprise", Dr. Myers, one of the true pioneers in the business and science of meteorology, noted that we have entered an extraordinary age of Transformative Innovation where changes are accelerating and occurring faster than ever before and explained what they will mean for the user and the Weather Enterprise as a whole.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced it has launched an update to its iOS application that will provide one universal app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users everywhere. All AccuWeather App users now have instant access to AccuWeather MinuteCast®, the only global minute-by-minute precipitation forecast for a person’s exact street address or GPS location, across their iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. AccuWeather MinuteCast was first introduced to users of the AccuWeather for iPhone and iPod touch app in 2014, and with this newest app update, the popular forecast only available from AccuWeather is now also available to iPad AccuWeather App users.