AccuWeather Android Applications Offer More Localized Detail and Weather Forecast Reliability
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. April 04, 2011 - AccuWeather.com, the world's leading multimedia weather information source, today announced the availability of its AccuWeather for Android applications in the newly launched Amazon Appstore - making it even more convenient for users to access the most accurate and reliable weather information for all of their favorite locations.
"We're very excited that the most trusted weather information is now available through Amazon," said Pascal Racheneur, Vice President of Interactive Media for AccuWeather. "From our brand new AccuWeather for Honeycomb application with its innovative water ripple feature to our completely ad free, AccuWeather Quick Platinum phone application, we have all of the localized weather features that you need to plan your life - free from weather disruptions."
AccuWeather for Honeycomb features:
- Forecasts for each of the next 24 hours, updated every hour, plus day and night weather forecasts and information for the next 15 days - all available in 27 languages.
- Relative humidity, visibility, pressure, dew point, precipitation types and amounts, sunrise and sunset times, wind and wind gust speed, wind direction, and the exclusive, patented RealFeel® temperature.
- WeatherAlarms, for locations worldwide, for weather events including, snow, ice, rain, wind, and thunderstorms.
- Weather display options, including animated radar for North America and satellite and interactive Google™ maps for locations worldwide.
- Lifestyle weather and health forecasts, such as conditions for golfing, fishing, and jogging, and health-related weather forecasts, such as the hour-by-hour UV forecast, flu forecast, migraine headache forecast, and arthritis forecast.
- Metric or English unit options, and either a 12-hour or 24-hour time display.
- Location storage, as many of your favorite locations that you wish, with easy toggling between each.
AccuWeather Quick and AccuWeather Quick Platinum feature:
- Forecasts for each of the next 12 hours, updated every hour, plus day and night weather forecasts and information for the next 9 days - all available in 20 languages.
- The exclusive, patented RealFeel® temperature.
- Weather watches and warnings for current, severe conditions.
- Weather display options, including radar for U.S. locations, satellite for non-U.S. locations, and maps for worldwide locations. Users can simply tilt the phone to see the radar.
- Metric or English unit options, and either a 12-hour or 24-hour time display.
- Supports phones with different resolution levels.
- AccuWeather Quick and AccuWeather Quick Platinum for Android both store all of your favorite locations.
- AccuWeather Quick Platinum features a completely ad free user interface for even quicker access to your localized weather information.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
AccuWeather, Empowering You to Be the Best™, presents accurate, localized, branded forecasts and severe weather bulletins each day to one quarter of a billion persons worldwide via the free AccuWeather.com website, mobile devices and IPTV, through the airwaves, and in print. The 116 meteorologists at AccuWeather also deliver a portfolio of customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as providing content for more than 50,000 third-party Internet sites, including the wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News Mobile, and WABC-TV New York. Visit www.accuweather.com for more information.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in digital weather information, demonstrated its continued leadership in and support for the worldwide meteorological community by sponsoring WWOSC 2014, a ground-breaking conference that brought together entire weather science and user communities from around the globe. The theme of this year's conference was "The Weather: What’s the Outlook?" and Barry Lee Myers, CEO of AccuWeather, Inc., spoke in a Special Session and Panel on the "Future of the Weather Enterprise".
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in digital weather information, today announced it has launched a new version of its Weather for Life app designed for Windows Phone users. The app has several new, popular AccuWeather features, such as MinuteCast, the leading minute-by-minute precipitation forecast for a person's exact street address or GPS location. AccuWeather’s Windows Phone app is the first of its mobile apps to expand MinuteCast for more locations, including Japan, Ireland, United Kingdom, Canada, and the contiguous United States.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in digital weather information, today announced that Founder, President, and Chairman, Dr. Joel N. Myers, will serve as convening keynote speaker for the 2014 AMS Summer Community Meeting. Dr. Myers will present the opening speech which will explore the pace of innovation and transformational changes in weather forecasting. AccuWeather is a sponsor of the meeting and will host several events throughout the week.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in digital weather information, today announced it has launched an AccuWeather app for users of the new Amazon Fire phone available from the Amazon Appstore. The free app includes popular AccuWeather features, such as MinuteCast(r), the leading minute-by-minute weather forecast.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in digital weather information, today announced it has launched a free AccuWeather service for users of Facebook’s new Internet.org app. The app from Facebook was first launched on July 31, 2014 in The Republic of Zambia in Southern Africa with more locations to follow, and the goal of making the Internet more accessible and affordable to more people worldwide.
AccuWeather Enterprise Solutions (AES) is partnering with leading Geographic Information System (GIS) solutions supplier Environmental Systems Research Institute (Esri) at the 2014 International User Conference, taking a leadership role to benefit this week's event. AccuWeather's Chief Commercial Officer Casey McGeever will serve as keynote speaker for the "Weather in GIS Track", while two other members of the AES team present at the Business Summit: Technology Plenary.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, President and Chairman of AccuWeather, Inc. has been reappointed to the Team Pennsylvania Foundation Board of Directors, providing the organization with leadership and expertise on the private business sector. This reappointment by Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett establishes Myers as one of the longest-serving board members for Team PA Foundation, having served on the board for more than 16 years under governors of both political parties.
AccuWeather Enterprise Services provides Intelligent Data Portal users with high-resolution radar to track local storms, lightning strikes, wildfire reports, hurricanes, and other environmental factors. They also provide the most up-to-date watches and warnings; helping agents in the field make the best informed decisions when lives may be at stake.
AccuWeather, a leading global digital media company, was honored during Internet Week New York with the 2014 APPY Award for Mobile Weather Apps. AccuWeather’s award is in recognition of the company’s newly-designed iPhone app reimagined for iOS 7, AccuWeather – Weather for Life™, which showcases AccuWeather’s exclusive MinuteCast™.
AccuWeather, Inc.’s Display Systems and Services division has just signed a deal with the Nigeria's World Entertainment TV Ltd. to install four StoryTeller™ Interactive Touchscreen News Solution in their network headquarters. The turnkey StoryTeller systems will initially provide the network with the ability to deliver interactive social media commentary and weather forecasts to the network’s West African television audience, thanks to proprietary applications created by AccuWeather. Additional applications for delivering interactive presentations on virtually any topic are easily downloaded and implemented, much like those used in tablets and smartphones.