Courtyard Hotels First to Leverage New Features and Design, Including New Ad Placements
STATE COLLEGE, PA - May 30, 2012 - AccuWeather's new, art-inspired iPad app is a beautiful display of weather graphics and information, and ideal for monthly sponsorships. It has a creative, vintage design and even more features, such as a hurricane center, choices for how the detailed and local 15-day forecasts are displayed, full support of the Retina display on the new iPad, and a sleek ad interface that goes beyond only traditional banners.
At launch, the app is partnered with Courtyard's, "It's a New Stay" campaign. Exclusive interactive placements highlight Courtyard's redesigned lobby concept, featuring amenities such as The Bistro, the GoBoard® touchscreen, personal Media Pods, and furnished outdoor spaces.
The app's new features include:
- Complete iCloud synchronization of locations and settings between multiple iOS devices and the AccuWeather App for iPhone and iPod touch.
- Simplified interface providing an easy comparison of more weather information.
- Faster navigation and improved support for landscape and portrait orientations.
- Advanced hurricane center that lets you track the latest storms.
- Social media sharing through Facebook and Twitter.
- Customizable design themes with the water color painting and classic black backgrounds.
- Full support for the Retina display on the new iPad.
Continued core functionality includes:
- Accurate and local forecasts for 2.7 million locations worldwide. Updated every hour, forecasts have detailed hourly forecasts for the next 24 hours, plus day and night forecasts and information for the next 15 days.
- For worldwide locations, when AccuWeather forecasts snow, ice, rain, wind, or the probability of thunderstorms in the next three days, an orange exclamation point is displayed on the location's 15-day forecast screen.
- Exclusive lifestyle forecasts that show how current conditions affect specific health risks or even your favorite outdoor activities.
- Current weather conditions constantly updated with the very latest humidity percentages, visibility, UV index, wind speed gusts and direction, times for sunrise and sunset, and RealFeel® - AccuWeather's exclusive weather forecasting system that analyzes multiple conditions to determine how the local temperature actually feels, which may be warmer or colder than the temperature, depending on these conditions.
- Radar for all of North America and worldwide satellite overlaying interactive Google Maps™.
- Current news and weather videos, with many available in both English and Spanish.
- Multiple location storage.
- Choice between metric or imperial units, and either a 12-hour or 24-hour time display.
The AccuWeather App is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
About AccuWeather, Inc., and AccuWeather.com
Every day nearly half a billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides the most accurate and detailed hourly forecasts for every location where people live and work worldwide (more than 2.7 million locations), with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, and smart TVs and appliances, as well as on radio and television and in newspapers. Founded in 1962 by Dr. Joel N. Myers - recognized as one of the top 528 entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs - AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 50,000 third-party websites, including The Wall Street Journal, CBS News, and The New York Times.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced the launch of the all-new AccuWeather app for Apple TV. The innovative category-leading app revolutionizes the weather viewing experience for Apple TV users and further expands AccuWeather's global reach across platforms -- users can rely on AccuWeather's Superior Accuracy across devices and locations to improve their lives.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced it has appointed Bill Boss as Director of Product Development, Display Systems and Services. Reporting directly to Ryan Ayres, Vice President of Display Systems and Services, Bill brings 30 years of experience in the meteorological industry working in sales, marketing, product management, and executive roles in the U.S. and Asia-Pacific region. He has comprehensive product experience spanning multiple industry verticals including broadcast media, insurance, and aviation.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, announces the launch of StormDirector+, the all-new weather system that provides the most interactive, customizable, and complete local weather presentations with Superior Accuracy to television stations. AccuWeather demonstrates StormDirector+ live at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show through April 21, 2016 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV – AccuWeather booth #SL6010.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, announces all-new CampaignTrail, the break-through election application now available f StoryTeller Interactive Touchscreen Solution, the only complete, interactive touchscreen solution for the entire news presentation. AccuWeather is demonstrating CampaignTrail live at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show April 18-21, 2016 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV – AccuWeather booth #SL6010.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced industry-leading innovations in StoryTeller® Interactive Touchscreen Solution, the only complete, interactive touchscreen solution for all aspects of the on-air presentation. AccuWeather will demonstrate these revolutionary advancements live at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show today through April 21, 2016 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV – AccuWeather booth #SL6010.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced the launch of Future Radar available on its award-winning AccuWeather iOS app for U.S. users. AccuWeather’s Future Radar provides the most accurate, localized updates on the movement and path of storms in a highly engaging visual map view. iOS app users can now quickly and easily access detailed precipitation radar in the future to help them plan ahead and stay safe.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced its launch of the Day By Day 90-Day Forecast now available on AccuWeather.com desktop and mobile websites, providing users with the most advanced notice and detailed information on local weather conditions. AccuWeather’s new industry-leading forecast provides 90 days of daily forecasts, a valuable tool for planning the best time of the season for road trips, vacations and outdoor activities, letting users follow the forecast and make more detailed plans as the date approaches.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, President, and Chairman of AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, will speak at TEDxPenn2016 on Sunday, April 10, at the University of Pennsylvania’s Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts in Philadelphia. Myers, a Fellow of the American Meteorology Society who was named one of the greatest entrepreneurs in American history in Entrepreneur Magazine’s "Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs" book, will share his personal “Eureka!” moment that pioneered the weather industry.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced a new level of hyper-localization in weather communications to be available on AccuWeather digital platforms, in partnership with Rubric, supporting AccuWeather’s mission to personalize the weather so people can improve their lives.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced AccuWeather MinuteCast, which is currently available on Garmin devices such as the Forerunner and fenix running and training watches, is now available on the newly launched Garmin vivoactive® HR smartwatch. Through the Garmin Connect IQ app store, users can download MinuteCast and access AccuWeather’s minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts with Superior Accuracy.