AccuWeather Android Applications Offer More Localized Detail and Weather Forecast Reliability
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. April 04, 2011 - AccuWeather.com, the world's leading multimedia weather information source, today announced the availability of its AccuWeather for Android applications in the newly launched Amazon Appstore - making it even more convenient for users to access the most accurate and reliable weather information for all of their favorite locations.
"We're very excited that the most trusted weather information is now available through Amazon," said Pascal Racheneur, Vice President of Interactive Media for AccuWeather. "From our brand new AccuWeather for Honeycomb application with its innovative water ripple feature to our completely ad free, AccuWeather Quick Platinum phone application, we have all of the localized weather features that you need to plan your life - free from weather disruptions."
AccuWeather for Honeycomb features:
- Forecasts for each of the next 24 hours, updated every hour, plus day and night weather forecasts and information for the next 15 days - all available in 27 languages.
- Relative humidity, visibility, pressure, dew point, precipitation types and amounts, sunrise and sunset times, wind and wind gust speed, wind direction, and the exclusive, patented RealFeel® temperature.
- WeatherAlarms, for locations worldwide, for weather events including, snow, ice, rain, wind, and thunderstorms.
- Weather display options, including animated radar for North America and satellite and interactive Google™ maps for locations worldwide.
- Lifestyle weather and health forecasts, such as conditions for golfing, fishing, and jogging, and health-related weather forecasts, such as the hour-by-hour UV forecast, flu forecast, migraine headache forecast, and arthritis forecast.
- Metric or English unit options, and either a 12-hour or 24-hour time display.
- Location storage, as many of your favorite locations that you wish, with easy toggling between each.
AccuWeather Quick and AccuWeather Quick Platinum feature:
- Forecasts for each of the next 12 hours, updated every hour, plus day and night weather forecasts and information for the next 9 days - all available in 20 languages.
- The exclusive, patented RealFeel® temperature.
- Weather watches and warnings for current, severe conditions.
- Weather display options, including radar for U.S. locations, satellite for non-U.S. locations, and maps for worldwide locations. Users can simply tilt the phone to see the radar.
- Metric or English unit options, and either a 12-hour or 24-hour time display.
- Supports phones with different resolution levels.
- AccuWeather Quick and AccuWeather Quick Platinum for Android both store all of your favorite locations.
- AccuWeather Quick Platinum features a completely ad free user interface for even quicker access to your localized weather information.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
AccuWeather, Empowering You to Be the Best™, presents accurate, localized, branded forecasts and severe weather bulletins each day to one quarter of a billion persons worldwide via the free AccuWeather.com website, mobile devices and IPTV, through the airwaves, and in print. The 116 meteorologists at AccuWeather also deliver a portfolio of customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as providing content for more than 50,000 third-party Internet sites, including the wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News Mobile, and WABC-TV New York. Visit www.accuweather.com for more information.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, honors Dr. Alfred K. Blackadar, a leader whose contributions in meteorology have significantly impacted the weather enterprise and lives of many.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, is pleased to work with Internet.org, a Facebook-led initiative, as it makes a historic first launch in South America providing accessible and affordable internet services to the people of the Republic of Colombia. Free basic services through Facebook's Internet.org app will be available to Tigo Colombia customers.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, President, and Chairman of AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, was invited to present the Keynote speech at the American Meteorological Society (AMS) Third Symposium on the Weather and Climate Enterprise. In his presentation "Transforming the Weather Enterprise", Dr. Myers, one of the true pioneers in the business and science of meteorology, noted that we have entered an extraordinary age of Transformative Innovation where changes are accelerating and occurring faster than ever before and explained what they will mean for the user and the Weather Enterprise as a whole.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced it has launched an update to its iOS application that will provide one universal app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users everywhere. All AccuWeather App users now have instant access to AccuWeather MinuteCast®, the only global minute-by-minute precipitation forecast for a person’s exact street address or GPS location, across their iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. AccuWeather MinuteCast was first introduced to users of the AccuWeather for iPhone and iPod touch app in 2014, and with this newest app update, the popular forecast only available from AccuWeather is now also available to iPad AccuWeather App users.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in digital weather information and digital media, today announced that the AccuWeather app for Android is available for Android Wear™, providing users with all the weather information they need wherever they go. Android Wear brings you useful information when you need it most, at a glance on your wrist.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in digital weather information and digital media, today announced its critical and unique weather information is helping to power AT&T Drive. David Mitchell, AccuWeather Vice President of Digital Media, Emerging Platforms is participating as a panelist in the 2015 AT&T Developer Summit. The “Developing Content for the Connected Car: A Developer’s Perspective” panel is scheduled for Monday, January 5, 2015 from 4:00-4:45pm at The Palms® Casino Resort Las Vegas.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, demonstrates its continued leadership in and support for the worldwide meteorological community as a Premier Sponsor of the 95th AMS Annual Meeting, a ground-breaking meteorological conference bringing together members of the Weather Enterprise across weather industry, government, education, and research sectors from around the world. The year’s conference is taking place now through January 8th in Phoenix, Arizona and the theme is “Fulfilling the Vision of Weather, Water, and Climate Information for Every Need, Time, and Place” – a focus that ties effectively to AccuWeather’s commitment in providing weather information with Superior Accuracy™ when and where people need it to improve their lives.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced the results of a national survey that details how winter weather conditions affect consumer behavior by the minute, from road travel to holiday preparations. The AccuWeather MinuteCast study polled 1,000 respondents across the U.S., revealing findings with some stark regional differences.
AccuWeather's hyper-local forecast information is pre-loaded on the new Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note 4 Edge, and Gear S. The weather has never looked better, combining the leading-edge of mobile display technology and the Superior Accuracy(tm) of the global leader in digital weather information.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, announced today that the company's newly appointed Chief Financial Officer, Edward Van Saders, is a featured speaker at the “CFO Playbook for Private Companies Summit”. The theme of the summit "Strategies for a Profitable Future" is a perfect fit for Van Saders' presentation, 'The AccuWeather Forecast: Business & Weather".