AccuWeather Android Applications Offer More Localized Detail and Weather Forecast Reliability
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. April 04, 2011 - AccuWeather.com, the world's leading multimedia weather information source, today announced the availability of its AccuWeather for Android applications in the newly launched Amazon Appstore - making it even more convenient for users to access the most accurate and reliable weather information for all of their favorite locations.
"We're very excited that the most trusted weather information is now available through Amazon," said Pascal Racheneur, Vice President of Interactive Media for AccuWeather. "From our brand new AccuWeather for Honeycomb application with its innovative water ripple feature to our completely ad free, AccuWeather Quick Platinum phone application, we have all of the localized weather features that you need to plan your life - free from weather disruptions."
AccuWeather for Honeycomb features:
- Forecasts for each of the next 24 hours, updated every hour, plus day and night weather forecasts and information for the next 15 days - all available in 27 languages.
- Relative humidity, visibility, pressure, dew point, precipitation types and amounts, sunrise and sunset times, wind and wind gust speed, wind direction, and the exclusive, patented RealFeel® temperature.
- WeatherAlarms, for locations worldwide, for weather events including, snow, ice, rain, wind, and thunderstorms.
- Weather display options, including animated radar for North America and satellite and interactive Google™ maps for locations worldwide.
- Lifestyle weather and health forecasts, such as conditions for golfing, fishing, and jogging, and health-related weather forecasts, such as the hour-by-hour UV forecast, flu forecast, migraine headache forecast, and arthritis forecast.
- Metric or English unit options, and either a 12-hour or 24-hour time display.
- Location storage, as many of your favorite locations that you wish, with easy toggling between each.
AccuWeather Quick and AccuWeather Quick Platinum feature:
- Forecasts for each of the next 12 hours, updated every hour, plus day and night weather forecasts and information for the next 9 days - all available in 20 languages.
- The exclusive, patented RealFeel® temperature.
- Weather watches and warnings for current, severe conditions.
- Weather display options, including radar for U.S. locations, satellite for non-U.S. locations, and maps for worldwide locations. Users can simply tilt the phone to see the radar.
- Metric or English unit options, and either a 12-hour or 24-hour time display.
- Supports phones with different resolution levels.
- AccuWeather Quick and AccuWeather Quick Platinum for Android both store all of your favorite locations.
- AccuWeather Quick Platinum features a completely ad free user interface for even quicker access to your localized weather information.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
AccuWeather, Empowering You to Be the Best™, presents accurate, localized, branded forecasts and severe weather bulletins each day to one quarter of a billion persons worldwide via the free AccuWeather.com website, mobile devices and IPTV, through the airwaves, and in print. The 116 meteorologists at AccuWeather also deliver a portfolio of customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as providing content for more than 50,000 third-party Internet sites, including the wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News Mobile, and WABC-TV New York. Visit www.accuweather.com for more information.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, has responded to consumer demand for leading-edge weather video with the introduction of immersive 360-degree videos for breaking weather news. This interactive new content and many additional innovations have led to a 400% increase in average monthly video views across AccuWeather’s digital properties, including web, mobile web, mobile apps, and OTT platforms.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, is proud to be an active part of the State College community and lead the way in volunteerism and altruistic giving. To recognize this important area of focus and the many contributions of its staff members, AccuWeather is pleased to announce AccuWeather Rays of Hope, a new initiative that will be used to encourage charitable giving and sponsorships.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced the University of Oklahoma Office of Technology Development has signed a patent licensing agreement for the use of AccuWeather's proprietary patents to benefit University advancements in technology innovation, including OU’s mPING app.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced its patented MinuteCast minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts are now available to drivers via AppLink using Ford's new SYNC 3 in-car communications and entertainment system, initially available in Ford's Mondeo, S-MAX, and Galaxy models.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, has announced the appointment of Steven Hickson as Chief Financial Officer. Hickson is a proven finance leader with media and management experience in guiding organizational growth on a global scale, providing financial leadership for organizations around the world including significant expansions in Latin America, Asia, Europe, and more.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, President, and Chairman of AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, has been recognized by The Pennsylvania State University with the Distinguished Alumni Award, the highest recognition the University bestows on an individual. The Penn State Board of Trustees selected eight alumni in 2016 for this honor.
AccuWeather is recognized for its weather accuracy leadership in a new global report from ForecastWatch, a leading third-party weather forecast monitoring and assessment company. The study’s twelve-month evaluation names AccuWeather the most accurate source of overall temperature forecasts measured through mean absolute error and forecasts within three degrees. AccuWeather is also first in high temperature forecast accuracy measured through mean absolute error and forecasts within three degrees, in addition to the #1 ranking in low temperature forecast accuracy measured in mean absolute error (tied) and forecasts within three degrees.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced the launch of the all-new AccuWeather app for Apple TV. The innovative category-leading app revolutionizes the weather viewing experience for Apple TV users and further expands AccuWeather's global reach across platforms -- users can rely on AccuWeather's Superior Accuracy across devices and locations to improve their lives.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced it has appointed Bill Boss as Director of Product Development, Display Systems and Services. Reporting directly to Ryan Ayres, Vice President of Display Systems and Services, Bill brings 30 years of experience in the meteorological industry working in sales, marketing, product management, and executive roles in the U.S. and Asia-Pacific region. He has comprehensive product experience spanning multiple industry verticals including broadcast media, insurance, and aviation.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, announces the launch of StormDirector+, the all-new weather system that provides the most interactive, customizable, and complete local weather presentations with Superior Accuracy to television stations. AccuWeather demonstrates StormDirector+ live at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show through April 21, 2016 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV – AccuWeather booth #SL6010.