Are you a new Windows 8 user? Stay up to date with with the latest storm information about Sandy via the newly released Windows 8 app. Just click on the "News and Video" tab in the top-right to find the latest statistics, storm path and the impacts on the East Coast.
AccuWeather for Windows 8 launched today and it is already impacting the way people plan their day. It is the number one free news and weather app in the Windows 8 Store.
Not only are the weather animations impressive, but the app also has My AccuWeather custom lifestyle forecasts that show how weather conditions will affect specific health risks or even your favorite outdoor activities. The calendar view gives you a really convenient, quick look at current weather conditions and the next 24 hours, and a calendar view of the forecasted conditions for each of the next 25 days with the ability to open up any day for even more weather detail.
"When we started developing the app, we set out to take our users on a journey throughout their day as they check their hourly, daily, and future forecasts," said Pascal Racheneur, Vice President of Interactive Media for AccuWeather. "As the forecasts for their favorite locations and their My AccuWeather custom lifestyle forecasts change from day to night, hourly to 25-day and so on, so too do the richly animated backgrounds which clearly illustrate the forecasted weather conditions.
More AccuWeather for Windows 8 features include:
• Accurate, local, and detailed weather forecasts and information for 2.7 million locations worldwide.
• Microsoft's Windows® 8 User Interface with Live Tiles for all your favorite locations. The Tiles automatically peek and refresh with current forecasts, weather maps, and My AccuWeather custom lifestyle forecasts.
• Current weather conditions updated every 15 minutes with the very latest humidity percentages, visibility, UV index, wind direction, wind and wind gust speed, and RealFeel® - AccuWeather's exclusive weather forecasting system that analyzes multiple weather conditions to determine how the local temperature actually feels.
• Fully interactive, full-screen Bing Maps overlaid with AccuWeather's precise weather data.
• An easy-to-use and fun weather comparison between each of your saved locations.
AccuWeather for Windows 8 is free and available in the Windows 8 Store.
Thunderstorms and soaking rain will threaten Memorial Day ceremonies, cookouts and vacations for millions on Monday.
Potent thunderstorms will target part of the Plains during a time when many will be outdoors celebrating Memorial Day.
Memorial Day marks the unofficial start to summer, and elevated temperatures will waste no time in surging back into the northwestern United States this week.
Despite no longer being a tropical storm, Bonnie will continue to spread downpours across the Eastern Seaboard of the United States into Memorial Day.
Rainy weather will help to lessen the severity of the drought around Colombia and Venezuela in the coming months while drier-than-normal conditions make matters worse for the drought in Chile and northeastern Brazil.
Rain will hold off moving into South East England on Monday’s bank holiday, allowing for dry weather to prevail across the United Kingdom.
Daytona Beach, FL (1997)
140 people rescued from rip currents. A man died trying to save his wife.
Vanport, OR (1948)
A railroad bed acting as a dam gave way during a flood along the Columbia River destroying the town of Vanport.
Unseasonably warm weather prevailed across the eastern U.S. Eighteen cities, from Virginia to Ohio and Michigan, reported record high temperatures. Baltimore, MD and Washington, DC reached 97 degrees. Newark, NJ was the nations high temperature at 98 degrees.