Are you a new Windows 8 user? Stay up to date with with the latest storm information about Sandy via the newly released Windows 8 app. Just click on the "News and Video" tab in the top-right to find the latest statistics, storm path and the impacts on the East Coast.
AccuWeather for Windows 8 launched today and it is already impacting the way people plan their day. It is the number one free news and weather app in the Windows 8 Store.
Not only are the weather animations impressive, but the app also has My AccuWeather custom lifestyle forecasts that show how weather conditions will affect specific health risks or even your favorite outdoor activities. The calendar view gives you a really convenient, quick look at current weather conditions and the next 24 hours, and a calendar view of the forecasted conditions for each of the next 25 days with the ability to open up any day for even more weather detail.
"When we started developing the app, we set out to take our users on a journey throughout their day as they check their hourly, daily, and future forecasts," said Pascal Racheneur, Vice President of Interactive Media for AccuWeather. "As the forecasts for their favorite locations and their My AccuWeather custom lifestyle forecasts change from day to night, hourly to 25-day and so on, so too do the richly animated backgrounds which clearly illustrate the forecasted weather conditions.
More AccuWeather for Windows 8 features include:
• Accurate, local, and detailed weather forecasts and information for 2.7 million locations worldwide.
• Microsoft's Windows® 8 User Interface with Live Tiles for all your favorite locations. The Tiles automatically peek and refresh with current forecasts, weather maps, and My AccuWeather custom lifestyle forecasts.
• Current weather conditions updated every 15 minutes with the very latest humidity percentages, visibility, UV index, wind direction, wind and wind gust speed, and RealFeel® - AccuWeather's exclusive weather forecasting system that analyzes multiple weather conditions to determine how the local temperature actually feels.
• Fully interactive, full-screen Bing Maps overlaid with AccuWeather's precise weather data.
• An easy-to-use and fun weather comparison between each of your saved locations.
AccuWeather for Windows 8 is free and available in the Windows 8 Store.
Lingering midwinter cold and additional rounds of snow will add to difficulties for cleanup and those without power after the Blizzard of 2015.
An Alberta Clipper brings a fresh wave of snow from the Midwest to the Northeast from late Wednesday through early Friday.
As it became obvious on Saturday that a major blizzard was going to hit the Northeast, the track and size of the storm became critical as to which areas would be hit the hardest.
Watching somebody shivering on television can induce the same type of physiological response as braving the icy elements in person, according to research conducted by scientists at the University of Sussex.
The blizzard pounding the New England region of the U.S. will continue to impact more of Atlantic Canada.
Communities across the Northeast have endured heavy snow and fierce winds amid the first blizzard of 2015.
North Virginia (1772)
Washington & Jefferson snowstorm left 36 inches in North Virginia.
The Columbia River froze in Oregon. Pedestrian traffic and sleighs were able to cross from Vancouver to Portland on the frozen river.
Washington, DC (1922)
Knickerbocker storms 28-inch snowfall crushed Washington theater of that name killing over 100 movie patrons.