1. Snow will continue over the high country of Arizona today with another 3-6 inches accumulating. Travel along I-40 will be slow through tonight.
2. Snow and wintry mix will continue across western Texas through the weekend. Snow will even develop across New Mexico today and continue into Saturday. Most places will get 1-3 inches with locally 6-inch amounts. Some of the high country will get a foot. Wintry mix will hit Oklahoma and northern Texas as well. Dallas may have some snow and ice this weekend.
3. Heavy rains will continue in southern Arizona and also across Louisiana and Mississippi. Flooding problems may occur today in these areas.
4. Severe weather is possible across southern Georgia and northern Florida Tuesday. Storms may produce damaging winds and a few tornadoes.
5. The operational models are back on track with the storm coming up the coast. Most of the models are showing a swath of snow up the Appalachians into the Northeast. I like to see the NAO just a little more negative for a big storm, but snow can still occur with a weak storm coming up the coast.
Temperatures will be swinging around but the warmth will end up winning.
Heavy storms will hit parts of New Mexico and western Texas.
Heavy storms will hit parts of New Mexico with heavy rains and gusty winds.
The band of heavy rains should end tonight, allowing drier weather to move in.
Heavy rains associated with the upper-level low will hit the Carolinas into Virginia. Some areas could get over a foot of rain by Monday!
The heavy rains are still coming and someone is going to have up to a foot of rain and flooding.