1. I backed off amounts in NYC. After looking at the meso models, I came to the conclusion that the snowstorm for NYC is coming today and that tonight, while banding comes through the city, it will only give the city another 1-2 inches. My number in NYC is 5.5" with higher amounts in Long Island into Connecticut. To me, the storm is just coming way too fast and will not phase until it's too late for NYC to get heavy snows.
2. While I changed amounts in NYC, I have not backed off the blizzard for New England. It looks like a 12- to 24-inch storm with some locally higher amounts with drifts over 4 feet. Roads will be blocked by the snow and drifting. It's a great, historic storm for New England.
3. The band of rain and snow coming across western Pennsylvania will hit the cold air across central and eastern Pennsylvania. The result will be very icy roads due to the heavy and quick nature of the snow this afternoon and evening. It will snow all the way down to Philly and New Jersey where it's raining now tonight, but expect only light accumulations.
4. Heavy snow in western New York will stay there and only 3-6 inches will move into the Hudson Valley today.
5. The pattern is loaded with storms and we have more storms coming the rest of February. This is only the preview of what's to come.
Tropical system remains disorganized, but once in the Gulf of Mexico it may start to develop.
Heavy storms along the front today. System in the tropics is having problems but should get its act together soon.
Track of tropical system critical for development, but South Florida could be threatened first.
A new tropical system may be a threat to southern Florida late in the weekend and early next week.
The tropics will produce a storm that could impact the United States coast.
A cold front will be led by severe storms all the way to the Northeast this weekend. Tropics could produce a big storm.