Here are my latest thoughts on the ongoing storm for eastern and Atlantic Canada. You can also follow me for quick update on my twitter @BrettAWX......
The latest AccuWeather storm snowfall forecast.....
1. Intense storm center as of mid-afternoon Wed over south-central Pennsylvania and tracking toward the east. Blizzard conditions reported from SW Ontario through Golden Horseshoe and into the Kingston area this afternoon.
2. Extreme temperature range over a short distance in Pennsylvania with 70 F. (+21 C) near Philadelphia and 25 F. (-4 C) in Erie and Bradford, PA
3. Narrow band of heavier snow set up from Windsor to London to Toronto and up toward Kingston, Ontario this afternoon. This resulted in higher snowfall totals along the 401 corridor.
4. The strengthening March sun this afternoon helped out the road crews and motorists along the major highway routes making roads more slushy and wet for a time.
5. Strong winds, blowing and drifting snow, poor visibility and low temperatures/windchills will make for difficult travel conditions across the region into tonight despite the steady snow ending from east to west in Ontario. Any wet, slushy untreated roads/sidewalks will be very slippery into tonight.
6. Blizzard conditions expected tonight across extreme southeastern Quebec and the northern half of New Brunswick.
7. Snow will change to heavy sleet over the southern third of New Brunswick and into PEI with the potential for some freezing rain close to the coast and perhaps into extreme northern Nova Scotia. It will be a noisy night from Saint John to Moncton.
8. Sleet/ice will change back to snow from west to east later Thursday morning across New Brunswick and PEI.
9. Very cold air mass will settle in across the region into Thursday night then a turn back to milder weather Friday and Saturday before the next shot of cold come late in the weekend.
Storm snowfall forecast map for Monday/Tuesday and comments.
Latest weekly clues to the long range into early March.
Updated storm snowfall forecast map for Atlantic Canada for the storm today into early Saturday.
Storm snowfall forecast map for Friday into early Saturday over Atlantic Canada.
Stormy pattern shaping up for Atlantic Canada.
An update on the wintry mix coming into parts of eastern Canada tonight into Wednesday.