San Juan Mountains-Jemez Mountains-
344 AM MDT Tue Mar 28 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO NOON MDT
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow, which is in effect from noon today to
noon MDT Wednesday.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...Generally 4 to 6 inches with amounts up to
12 inches possible across the higher peaks.
* TIMING...Snow will increase in coverage and intensity later
today into this evening then continue through Wednesday morning
before gradually diminishing.
* WINDS...Northerly winds will increase later today into tonight
with sustained speeds of 15 to 25 mph with occasional gusts to
near 35 mph.
* SNOW LEVELS...Around 8000 feet today, lowering to near 7000 feet
* LOCAL IMPACTS...Snow packed and icy roads along with limited
visibility in snow will create hazardous travel conditions.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities.