Windsor-Eastern Addison-Eastern Rutland-
Including the cities of Lake Placid, Newport, Island Pond,
Johnson, Stowe, St. Johnsbury, Montpelier, Bradford, Randolph,
Springfield, White River Junction, Bristol, Ripton,
East Wallingford, and Killington
323 AM EDT Mon Mar 27 2017
...FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM EDT THIS
The National Weather Service in Burlington continues the Freezing
Rain Advisory, until 11 AM EDT this morning.
* Locations...Eastern Vermont, as well as portions of the western
slopes of the Green Mountains and Western Essex County of New York.
* Hazard Types...Freezing rain, with some sleet possible.
* Accumulations...around a tenth of an inch of ice.
* Timing...Freezing rain with a brief period of sleet will move
into the region during the pre-dawn hours and continue through
mid- morning before changing to plain rain.
* Impacts...Icing may create slippery conditions on roads,
bridges and sidewalks.
* Winds...South 5 to 10 mph.
* Temperatures...Lows around 30. Highs around 40.
A Freezing Rain Advisory means that periods of freezing rain or
freezing drizzle will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads. Slow down and use caution while driving.
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio, your local media, or go
to www.weather.gov/Burlington for further updates on this weather