Including the cities of Copper Harbor, Ontonagon, Houghton,
Hancock, L'Anse, Gwinn, Marquette, Ironwood, Kenton, and Sidnaw
425 PM EST Thu Feb 23 2017 /325 PM CST Thu Feb 23 2017/
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM EST /6 AM CST/
FRIDAY TO 7 AM EST /6 AM CST/ SATURDAY...
The National Weather Service in Marquette has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow, which is in effect from 7 AM EST /6 AM
CST/ Friday to 7 AM EST /6 AM CST/ Saturday.
* Expect snow to lift north between 9 AM and 11 AM on Friday. A
wet and heavy snow is most likely across Marquette and Iron
* The heaviest snowfall rates are expected in the late morning
and afternoon hours and then across the higher terrain through
much of Friday afternoon into Saturday.
* Total snow accumulations of 8 to 12 inches are possible through
Saturday morning. With the highest accumulations expected to be
across the higher terrain in the northeast wind snow belts.
* The snow will make roads slick and will likely impact the
evening commute on Friday.
* A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow will
cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and
limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
* Prepare, plan, and stay informed. Visit www.weather.gov/mqt