West Central Highlands-
Middle Rio Grande Valley/Albuquerque Metro Area-
Lower Rio Grande Valley-
250 AM MST Tue Feb 28 2017
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS MORNING TO
7 PM MST THIS EVENING...
* LOCATION...Middle and Lower Rio Grande Valley, West Central
* WINDS...Southwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts to near 45 mph,
shifting west 30 to 35 mph with occasional gusts to near 55 mph
around mid day Tuesday.
* TIMING...Winds increasing through the morning hours and peaking
around mid day with the passage of a cold front. Winds
decreasing late afternoon into the early evening.
* VISIBILITY...Widespread restrictions to visibility are not
expected. However, areas of blowing dust preceding the front and
rain and snow showers developing along and behind it may briefly
limit visibility to between 3 and 5 miles at times late today.
* LOCAL IMPACTS...Hazardous crosswinds will impact north-south
oriented roadways, such as Interstate 25 between Socorro and
Albuquerque. Lightweight objects may become airborne.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.