Courtyard Hotels First to Leverage New Features and Design, Including New Ad Placements
STATE COLLEGE, PA - May 30, 2012 - AccuWeather's new, art-inspired iPad app is a beautiful display of weather graphics and information, and ideal for monthly sponsorships. It has a creative, vintage design and even more features, such as a hurricane center, choices for how the detailed and local 15-day forecasts are displayed, full support of the Retina display on the new iPad, and a sleek ad interface that goes beyond only traditional banners.
At launch, the app is partnered with Courtyard's, "It's a New Stay" campaign. Exclusive interactive placements highlight Courtyard's redesigned lobby concept, featuring amenities such as The Bistro, the GoBoard® touchscreen, personal Media Pods, and furnished outdoor spaces.
The app's new features include:
- Complete iCloud synchronization of locations and settings between multiple iOS devices and the AccuWeather App for iPhone and iPod touch.
- Simplified interface providing an easy comparison of more weather information.
- Faster navigation and improved support for landscape and portrait orientations.
- Advanced hurricane center that lets you track the latest storms.
- Social media sharing through Facebook and Twitter.
- Customizable design themes with the water color painting and classic black backgrounds.
- Full support for the Retina display on the new iPad.
Continued core functionality includes:
- Accurate and local forecasts for 2.7 million locations worldwide. Updated every hour, forecasts have detailed hourly forecasts for the next 24 hours, plus day and night forecasts and information for the next 15 days.
- For worldwide locations, when AccuWeather forecasts snow, ice, rain, wind, or the probability of thunderstorms in the next three days, an orange exclamation point is displayed on the location's 15-day forecast screen.
- Exclusive lifestyle forecasts that show how current conditions affect specific health risks or even your favorite outdoor activities.
- Current weather conditions constantly updated with the very latest humidity percentages, visibility, UV index, wind speed gusts and direction, times for sunrise and sunset, and RealFeel® - AccuWeather's exclusive weather forecasting system that analyzes multiple conditions to determine how the local temperature actually feels, which may be warmer or colder than the temperature, depending on these conditions.
- Radar for all of North America and worldwide satellite overlaying interactive Google Maps™.
- Current news and weather videos, with many available in both English and Spanish.
- Multiple location storage.
- Choice between metric or imperial units, and either a 12-hour or 24-hour time display.
The AccuWeather App is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
About AccuWeather, Inc., and AccuWeather.com
Every day nearly half a billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides the most accurate and detailed hourly forecasts for every location where people live and work worldwide (more than 2.7 million locations), with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, and smart TVs and appliances, as well as on radio and television and in newspapers. Founded in 1962 by Dr. Joel N. Myers - recognized as one of the top 528 entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs - AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 50,000 third-party websites, including The Wall Street Journal, CBS News, and The New York Times.
AccuWeather Enterprise Solutions, the world’s leading commercial weather source partnering with more than 240 of Fortune 500 companies and government agencies, has announced the expansion of its patented SmartWarn technology, providing a new level of weather forecasting intelligence and life-saving alerting capabilities to businesses across all industries worldwide.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today introduced AccUcast, the only crowdsourced weather feature that provides current weather conditions and hazards submitted by users in a real-time global animation map display, in the AccuWeather Android app. AccUcast, also available in the AccuWeather iOS app, enables users worldwide to take part in local weather updates and help others make the most informed decisions, saving lives and preventing property damage.
AccuWeather, the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has announced the appointment of Mark Ebel as Vice President of Business Services, AccuWeather Enterprise Solutions, Inc.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, President and Chairman of AccuWeather, has been selected by the Homecoming Executive Committee to represent Penn State University as Grand Marshal for Homecoming 2016. Each year, the Committee chooses an outstanding alumna or alumnus who has excelled in their field of study and continues to positively represent the University.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced the launch of significant innovations to the AccuWeather app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch with the launch of Apple’s iPhone 7 and operating system update, including enhancements that make the AccuWeather app experience even easier and more personalized, providing life-saving weather information and updates with Superior Accuracy that users trust.
With the likelihood of humidity much of the week and potential for showers Saturday night into Sunday morning that could dampen New York City's Fashion Week, AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, is there to make sure attendees are covered with minute-by-minute forecasts with Superior Accuracy(tm) for their exact location.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, has responded to consumer demand for leading-edge weather video with the introduction of immersive 360-degree videos for breaking weather news. This interactive new content and many additional innovations have led to a 400% increase in average monthly video views across AccuWeather’s digital properties, including web, mobile web, mobile apps, and OTT platforms.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, is proud to be an active part of the State College community and lead the way in volunteerism and altruistic giving. To recognize this important area of focus and the many contributions of its staff members, AccuWeather is pleased to announce AccuWeather Rays of Hope, a new initiative that will be used to encourage charitable giving and sponsorships.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced the University of Oklahoma Office of Technology Development has signed a patent licensing agreement for the use of AccuWeather's proprietary patents to benefit University advancements in technology innovation, including OU’s mPING app.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced its patented MinuteCast minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts are now available to drivers via AppLink using Ford's new SYNC 3 in-car communications and entertainment system, initially available in Ford's Mondeo, S-MAX, and Galaxy models.