Courtyard Hotels First to Leverage New Features and Design, Including New Ad Placements
STATE COLLEGE, PA - May 30, 2012 - AccuWeather's new, art-inspired iPad app is a beautiful display of weather graphics and information, and ideal for monthly sponsorships. It has a creative, vintage design and even more features, such as a hurricane center, choices for how the detailed and local 15-day forecasts are displayed, full support of the Retina display on the new iPad, and a sleek ad interface that goes beyond only traditional banners.
At launch, the app is partnered with Courtyard's, "It's a New Stay" campaign. Exclusive interactive placements highlight Courtyard's redesigned lobby concept, featuring amenities such as The Bistro, the GoBoard® touchscreen, personal Media Pods, and furnished outdoor spaces.
The app's new features include:
- Complete iCloud synchronization of locations and settings between multiple iOS devices and the AccuWeather App for iPhone and iPod touch.
- Simplified interface providing an easy comparison of more weather information.
- Faster navigation and improved support for landscape and portrait orientations.
- Advanced hurricane center that lets you track the latest storms.
- Social media sharing through Facebook and Twitter.
- Customizable design themes with the water color painting and classic black backgrounds.
- Full support for the Retina display on the new iPad.
Continued core functionality includes:
- Accurate and local forecasts for 2.7 million locations worldwide. Updated every hour, forecasts have detailed hourly forecasts for the next 24 hours, plus day and night forecasts and information for the next 15 days.
- For worldwide locations, when AccuWeather forecasts snow, ice, rain, wind, or the probability of thunderstorms in the next three days, an orange exclamation point is displayed on the location's 15-day forecast screen.
- Exclusive lifestyle forecasts that show how current conditions affect specific health risks or even your favorite outdoor activities.
- Current weather conditions constantly updated with the very latest humidity percentages, visibility, UV index, wind speed gusts and direction, times for sunrise and sunset, and RealFeel® - AccuWeather's exclusive weather forecasting system that analyzes multiple conditions to determine how the local temperature actually feels, which may be warmer or colder than the temperature, depending on these conditions.
- Radar for all of North America and worldwide satellite overlaying interactive Google Maps™.
- Current news and weather videos, with many available in both English and Spanish.
- Multiple location storage.
- Choice between metric or imperial units, and either a 12-hour or 24-hour time display.
The AccuWeather App is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
About AccuWeather, Inc., and AccuWeather.com
Every day nearly half a billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides the most accurate and detailed hourly forecasts for every location where people live and work worldwide (more than 2.7 million locations), with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, and smart TVs and appliances, as well as on radio and television and in newspapers. Founded in 1962 by Dr. Joel N. Myers - recognized as one of the top 528 entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs - AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 50,000 third-party websites, including The Wall Street Journal, CBS News, and The New York Times.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, is celebrating the passage of the innovative bill H.R. 1561, known as the Weather Forecast and Innovations Act of 2015. The bill is the first step toward giving the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) the authority to acquire high-value commercial and academic weather data and will help NOAA advance its global forecasting superiority in weather prediction.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, and Huafeng Media Group, the commercial weather media company owned by the China Meteorological Administration, have formed a unique one-of-a-kind joint venture for the distribution of enhanced weather information in China. The partnership expands AccuWeather's forecast locations and offers people throughout China enhanced weather forecasts of many kinds never before available in China.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, has been recognized with a Governor's ImPAct Award, a result of the company's global leadership, expansive reach, and continued growth. The award is in the Export Impact category in recognition of AccuWeather as "a company that has significantly increased its export sales" and consequently has brought outside revenue and new jobs to Pennsylvania.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced an exciting new sweepstakes event May 1 - 20. The AccuWeather "20 Days of Giveaways" sweepstakes invites users to enter each day for a chance to win on the AccuWeather Facebook page.
Barry Lee Myers, CEO of AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, has been asked by MediaPost to give a Keynote Interview at the Publishing Insiders Summit on the strengths and opportunities of data-driven advertising for publishers and advertisers.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, President, and Chairman of AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, will be presenting one of the Keynote Presentations at The Big Data Innovation San Jose 2015 summit, hosted by Innovation Enterprise, today at the San Jose Convention Center. In the presentation, Dr. Myers will share his insights on the challenges of big data and the age of transformative innovation and his views on the keys to success and growth during this period of rapid and dramatic change.
AccuWeather, Inc., a global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced its Apple Watch app is now available – offering important, life-saving, on-the-go weather information and alerts with Superior Accuracy instantly and easily accessible to Apple Watch users worldwide.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, is pleased to announce that Marie Svet, AccuWeather Chief Revenue Officer, has garnered a prestigious 2015 Top Women in Digital -- Corporate Visionary Award from Cynopsis Media. Cynopsis presents this award to "the women who are making it happen, whether in the trenches or at the leading edge of the digital world".
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, presents an interactive polling application for the StoryTeller Interactive Touchscreen Solution, providing real-time viewer feedback and polling results at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) show this week.
AccuWeather, Inc., the global leader in weather information and digital media, is bringing a new type of forecasting to the revolutionary StoryTeller Interactive Touchscreen Solution with the addition of the Ascel Bio, Inc’s Disease Forecast application.
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization has over 1,000 locations on its prestigious World Heritage list -- here are picks for the most stunning sites.Read Story >