Kristina, or Krissy as she is known to family and friends, began her career at AccuWeather in June 2004 as an operational forecaster. Krissy comes from a dairy farm near Mansfield, Pa., where her love for the weather stems from. She then went on to study meteorology at Penn State University, where she graduated from in May 2004.
Now at AccuWeather, Krissy is active in writing stories for AccuWeather.com as well as being one of AccuWeather's backup on-air radio meteorologists. She also has gotten married since joining AccuWeather, marrying one of her fellow AccuWeather meteorologists--Dan Pydynowski. Dan and Krissy live outside of State College with their furry kid, Snuggles.
- What made you choose meteorology as a career?
- I have always been fascinated with the weather as long as I can remember. Coming from a dairy farm, my dad and I would always try and predict the weather. Also, whenever we would go on vacation, I would always just sit in front of the TV watching the weather.
- Favorite Sports Team?
- Miami Dolphins---makes sense since I am from north-central PA, right? Also, I love watching the State College Spikes (a minor team affiliated with the Pittsburgh Pirates).
- Favorite Day of the Year?
- My birthday
- What's a word you say a lot?
- "Classic," don't know why...
- Favorite Season?
- I love spring with all the new baby animals and everything coming back to life.
- What kind of tree or animal would you be?
- Definitely a house cat...all you do is sleep and eat and get so much attention from your human family members (at least that is how it is for my cat!)
- Favorite place to vacation?
- The beach!