Adrienne Green began her career as a TV broadcaster for AccuWeather.com in August 2010.
Adrienne grew up in a small town called Greencastle, Pa. She has enjoyed weather ever since she was a little girl. In 2010, she received a B.S. in Meteorology from Millersville University.
During college, Adrienne was an active part of the Millersville University Weather Center, where she put together forecasts for the website and created a weekly streaming video. She also interned at NBC 25 (WHAG) in Hagerstown, Md., alongside meteorologist Chad Merrill. Adrienne also competed in the Wx Challenge, where in the 2009-2010 season, she did so well that she was asked to compete in their yearly tournament. Adrienne is a current member of The American Meteorological Society.
- First CD/DVD you ever bought?
- First CD was Spice Girls "SPICE"... I think I was in 5th grade.
- I think my first DVD was "Anchorman - The Legend Of Ron Burgundy"
- What made you choose weather/meteorology/broadcasting as a career?
- I've loved weather ever since I was a kid. I started college as a science education major but realized quickly that teaching wasn't for me. I absolutely loved my meteorology classes, so I decided to change majors, and here I am today!
- Favorite sports team? Music? Movie genre? TV Show?
- All New England teams - Red Sox & Patriots
- I love rock music - '80s hair metal and '90s grunge are my favorites.
- Comedies - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE "The Office"... I own every season on DVD. My dad was actually a paper salesman growing up, and living in Pennsylvania, it's obvious why it's near and dear to my heart...
- Right or left handed?
- -Right handed
- Last movie you watched/book you read?
- I just watched "Beauty & The Beast" a couple nights ago, which is my favorite Disney movie!
- I read all the time, but I actually just finished a book that I thought was absolutely hilarious called "All My Friends Are Dead" by Avery Monsen and Jory John
- Any superstitions you believe/practice?
- Michael Scott, from "The Office," says it best... "I'm not superstitious... I'm just a little stitious. "
- Favorite/most addictive form of social media?
- I love facebook. I'm on it all the time. Check out my fan page at http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Adrienne-Veilleux/142779045758959
- Your current desktop picture?
- I switch my desktop background a lot. Right now it's my baby girl, Lola. She's a 40lb red Siberian Husky. I love her to pieces!
- Favorite Season?
- Springtime rocks! The combination of severe weather and comfortable temperatures make it the perfect time of year... Oh, and my birthday is during meteorological spring!
- PC or MAC?
- PC for now, but I'm in the process of changing over...
- One meal for the rest of your life – what would it be?
- Without a doubt, I would eat spaghettios with meatballs everyday for the rest of my life. I eat them multiple times a week now... But, it has to be the normal-size can, not the jumbo one. The consistency is completely different...
- Hobbies / Special Interests / If Golf, what's your Handicap?
- I'm very crafty. I love cross-stitch and scrapbooking. Baking is also something I love to do in my spare time, and to counter all the junk that I end up eating from all the baking I do, I like to run.
- Favorite meteorology course?
- I loved my "Advanced Forecasting Practicum" course. My prof would give us multiple cities to forecast different aspects of the weather (ie: high temp, low temp, temp at a specific time, PoPs, dew point, wind direction/speed, chance of thunderstorm, etc.). I absolutely love forecasting, so it was no surprise why I loved the course so much.