Think you need to shell out hundreds of cold, hard cash on pricey beauty creams and designer shampoos? Wrong! Turns out, the best all-natural skincare products on the market are hiding in your kitchen pantry and refrigerator-all you need to do it put them together. By making your own natural beauty products and skincare, you'll save money and time, and you'll reduce your body's exposure to the potentially harmful chemicals and ingredients often found in store-bought beauty products. Below, Nutrition Stripped blogger McKel Hill shares her favorite DIY recipes for your hair, skin, lips, and face. After trying these, we can almost guarantee that you'll never go back to the bottled stuff again!
FOR THE FACE:
Coconut Sugar Lip Scrub, a delicious and effective natural exfoliate gentle enough to use on lips.
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1. Simply combine in a small mixing bowl all the ingredients until mixed. The scrub will be thick and grainy- just what you're after.
2. Store in the fridge for up to 2-3 weeks.
How to use: Simply use about a dime size (1/4 teaspoon) of the Coconut Sugar Scrub and apply to your lips dry, using a circular motion massage the scrub into your lips and all around the mouth. You don't need to put a lot of harsh pressure on this motion; just gentle circles to delicately exfoliate the skin. Rinse with warm water, pat dry, and seal with your favorite moisturizer or lip balm. I adore Rosebud Salve or Tata Harper Be True balm.
Avocado Face Mask
¼ cup uncooked oatmeal
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Simply mash and combine and the ingredients in a small bowl and apply to your face. Be careful around your eyes (as with all products).
2. Let sit on your face for about 20 minutes.
3. Rinse with warm water.
4. Follow with your favorite moisturizer.