Is your kiddo headed back to school in the next couple of weeks? Send him off in DIY style with these upcycled back to school ideas!
It feels like summer ends earlier every year, doesn't it? My kiddo actually started back at preschool last week! He's a little bit young for supplies like pencils and notepads, but even my toddler needed school supplies like a backpack and lunchbox. Below are back to school ideas for kids big and small. No matter what age your child, we've got you covered!
10 Back to School Crafts for the End of Summer
1. Upcycled Back Pack - Turn an old pair of blue jeans into a cute backpack for back to school. If you're not into this DIY backpack, check out Bonnie's list of 20 awesome backpack tutorials!
2. Apple Canister - It never hurts to get on your teacher's good side from day one. How sweet is this little upcycled canister made from an old coffee can?
3. Custom Zipper Pulls - Get those backpacks organized with zipper pull labels. You can make these for your daycare-aged kid, or use different designs to label the zippers on your older kids' bags.
4. Reusable Snack Bag - Ditch disposable plastic baggies in favor of a waste-free lunch!
5. Cloth Napkins - Speaking of a waste-free lunch, how about some reusable cloth napkins instead of single-use paper ones?
The week kicked off with a heavy snow expanding across areas of the Four Corners states before striking the South with snow and ice, causing treacherous travel from Shreveport, Louisiana, to Memphis, Tennessee.Read Story >
Snowshoers across the country will descend upon Eau Claire, Wisconsin, from Feb. 27 to March 1 to compete in the 2015 U.S. National Snowshoe Championships.Read Story >