Industry's only complete interactive touchscreen solution launches new content innovation across social media, traffic, crime, weather, and more, responding to major market demand.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - March 31, 2014 - Newsrooms worldwide can now access a significantly wider breadth of new interactive apps and features than ever before with StoryTeller(r) Interactive Touchscreen Solution created by AccuWeather, meeting the needs of every breaking story. From local crime sprees and traffic accidents to flight delays and Minute by Minute™ weather updates, StoryTeller has enhanced real-time newsroom coverage to further differentiate broadcast stations in their markets. Best of all, downloading and using new applications for StoryTeller is now as fast and easy as adding new apps to a smartphone.
"StoryTeller is known as the leading interactive touchscreen solution for your entire newsroom, reaching over 80 million viewers. Now, we're meeting a new range of needs with more apps and features that can be downloaded and operationalized while the news is still hot," said Ryan Ayres, Vice President of Display Systems and Services for AccuWeather. "The major expansion in StoryTeller's content offering, combined with the real-time immediacy of downloadable apps and new live switching between apps, will have stations using StoryTeller in new interactive ways that they have never before imagined to gain market share."
StoryTeller's new apps and features will be showcased at the 2014 NAB Show, including:
- AlertID Crime App: All-new StoryTeller app that provides over 170 types of crime-related data, maps, and graphics to report hyper-local stories about missing persons, murders, sex crimes, robberies, and more. The Crime App is powered by AlertID, providing accurate, detailed crime updates and alerts at local, state, and federal levels. - Social Media TV App: New social media enhancements include the addition of hashtag searches, social video integration, and the addition of two major social platforms to effectively share social media sentiments and engagement on trending news headlines. Special preview features enable posts to be quickly and easily pre-screened and selected for on-air use.
- INRIX Traffic App: Expanded traffic app includes new street-level segment information, customizable street labeling and overlays on cameras, plus a skyline forecast to deliver real-time road travel conditions, accidents, road closures, and local event traffic impacting viewers. Powered by INRIX, the leading provider of traffic services and updates.
- Weather App: Now featuring AccuWeather's MinuteCast™, a Minute by Minute™ hyper-local weather update that predicts start and end times for precipitation by-the-minute for the next two hours for any street address. Additional app enhancements include the 3-day forecast, multi-city map views, and temperature maps to provide informative, engaging weather updates with zoom, scale, swipe, and draw interactive capabilities.
- Airport Delays App: All-new StoryTeller app utilizes the latest flight status information from across the country to keep viewers updated on airport travel conditions. Broadcasters can map multiple airports and showcase up-to-date flight statuses for each location, as well as generate weather radar overlays impacting flight arrivals and departures.
- Dynamic App Switching: New exclusive StoryTeller feature allows broadcasters to instantly and seamlessly switch between StoryTeller apps to bring every story to life with uninterrupted, flawless on-air reporting.
Why AccuWeather? AccuWeather is a global leader in digital media, developing award-winning apps and partnering with all major manufacturers of mobile devices, serving over 5.6 billion data requests every day. There are 1.3 billion AccuWeather branded apps installed on mobile and connected devices worldwide. AccuWeather has applied this digital expertise to develop StoryTeller Interactive Touchscreen Solution, one of the only tools of its kind that utilizes the highly successful and innovative "Smart Device App Model" to bring every story to life in compelling, interactive, and engaging ways.
Please join us at NAB 2014 for live demos of our StoryTeller interactive applications. As space will be limited, please plan on arriving 15 minutes early. You can also contact us to reserve your space or schedule a private demonstration.
AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com Every day over a billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ for nearly 3 million locations worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, free wired and mobile internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Founded in 1962 by Dr. Joel N. Myers - a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs - AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 72,000 third-party websites. In 2014, the company will launch the AccuWeather Channel, an "All Weather, All the Time™" multi-platform national channel for forecasts with Superior Accuracy.
Visit StoryTeller.AccuWeather.com for additional information.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced the worldwide launch of the new AccuWeather API Developer Portal, providing turnkey package options to accelerate developers' access to the most accurate, detailed global weather forecasts and warnings available exclusively from AccuWeather.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, has announced the appointment of Bill McGarry as Vice President of Sales.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, continues to strengthen its mission of saving lives, protecting property, and helping people prosper through AccuWeather Ready – the year-round weather preparedness program that focuses on keeping people informed and safe. Raising educational awareness during National Safety Month, new AccuWeather Ready safety information is now available at www.AccuWeather.com/Ready to prepare for intense heat, lightning, beach hazards, and flooding prior to Summer travel, events, and activities.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced additional app leadership recognition, honored with the 2017 APPY Award in Mobile Weather Apps for the AccuWeather Android app.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced the launch of the new AccuWeather app for Android TV. The highly customizable app delivers a unique, interactive weather experience to Android TV viewers and further expands AccuWeather’s cross-platform reach, as users rely on AccuWeather’s Superior Accuracy(TM) across devices and locations worldwide.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced the launch of AccuWeather D3 Express, powered by Microsoft Azure, at the Microsoft Build Developer Conference held May 10-12 in Seattle, WA.
Swirl Networks, Inc., the leading Mobile Presence Marketing platform provider and AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced a groundbreaking partnership that brings the most advanced, real-time weather targeting capabilities to indoor mobile location marketing. Retail marketers using the Swirl platform can now access AccuWeather's comprehensive data sets, providing the most accurate, actionable weather data available worldwide, to tailor and trigger in-store mobile experiences based on a shopper’s local weather conditions. With this new integration, Swirl becomes the first and only mobile marketing platform to offer targeting based on both weather and indoor location
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced the AccuWeather Digital Content Partner Program, providing exclusive, interactive digital content to participating partners. AccuWeather launched the new collaboration at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show this week, with information available at Booth #SL6816.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced significant innovations in StoryTeller(r), the only complete, interactive touchscreen solution. AccuWeather demonstrates the wide range of industry-leading advancements available in StoryTeller, essential for local television stations to stay ahead of the competition and increase viewership, at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show, Booth #SL6816.
AccuWeather, the global leader in weather information and digital media, today announced new advancements in StormDirector+, the industry-leading interactive weather system that will transform and revolutionize local weather presentations, demonstrated at the 2017 National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show at booth #SL6816. StormDirector+ has taken the best interactive capabilities of AccuWeather’s unique StoryTeller and combined them with the best data and weather presentation capabilities. This unprecedented combination sets StormDirector+ apart from its competitors.