Industry's only complete interactive touchscreen solution launches new content innovation across social media, traffic, crime, weather, and more, responding to major market demand.
AccuWeather Global Weather Center - March 31, 2014 - Newsrooms worldwide can now access a significantly wider breadth of new interactive apps and features than ever before with StoryTeller(r) Interactive Touchscreen Solution created by AccuWeather, meeting the needs of every breaking story. From local crime sprees and traffic accidents to flight delays and Minute by Minute™ weather updates, StoryTeller has enhanced real-time newsroom coverage to further differentiate broadcast stations in their markets. Best of all, downloading and using new applications for StoryTeller is now as fast and easy as adding new apps to a smartphone.
"StoryTeller is known as the leading interactive touchscreen solution for your entire newsroom, reaching over 80 million viewers. Now, we're meeting a new range of needs with more apps and features that can be downloaded and operationalized while the news is still hot," said Ryan Ayres, Vice President of Display Systems and Services for AccuWeather. "The major expansion in StoryTeller's content offering, combined with the real-time immediacy of downloadable apps and new live switching between apps, will have stations using StoryTeller in new interactive ways that they have never before imagined to gain market share."
StoryTeller's new apps and features will be showcased at the 2014 NAB Show, including:
- AlertID Crime App: All-new StoryTeller app that provides over 170 types of crime-related data, maps, and graphics to report hyper-local stories about missing persons, murders, sex crimes, robberies, and more. The Crime App is powered by AlertID, providing accurate, detailed crime updates and alerts at local, state, and federal levels.
- Social Media TV App: New social media enhancements include the addition of hashtag searches, social video integration, and the addition of two major social platforms to effectively share social media sentiments and engagement on trending news headlines. Special preview features enable posts to be quickly and easily pre-screened and selected for on-air use.
- INRIX Traffic App: Expanded traffic app includes new street-level segment information, customizable street labeling and overlays on cameras, plus a skyline forecast to deliver real-time road travel conditions, accidents, road closures, and local event traffic impacting viewers. Powered by INRIX, the leading provider of traffic services and updates.
- Weather App: Now featuring AccuWeather's MinuteCast™, a Minute by Minute™ hyper-local weather update that predicts start and end times for precipitation by-the-minute for the next two hours for any street address. Additional app enhancements include the 3-day forecast, multi-city map views, and temperature maps to provide informative, engaging weather updates with zoom, scale, swipe, and draw interactive capabilities.
- Airport Delays App: All-new StoryTeller app utilizes the latest flight status information from across the country to keep viewers updated on airport travel conditions. Broadcasters can map multiple airports and showcase up-to-date flight statuses for each location, as well as generate weather radar overlays impacting flight arrivals and departures.
- Dynamic App Switching: New exclusive StoryTeller feature allows broadcasters to instantly and seamlessly switch between StoryTeller apps to bring every story to life with uninterrupted, flawless on-air reporting.
AccuWeather is a global leader in digital media, developing award-winning apps and partnering with all major manufacturers of mobile devices, serving over 5.6 billion data requests every day. There are 1.3 billion AccuWeather branded apps installed on mobile and connected devices worldwide. AccuWeather has applied this digital expertise to develop StoryTeller Interactive Touchscreen Solution, one of the only tools of its kind that utilizes the highly successful and innovative "Smart Device App Model" to bring every story to life in compelling, interactive, and engaging ways.
Please join us at NAB 2014 for live demos of our StoryTeller interactive applications. As space will be limited, please plan on arriving 15 minutes early. You can also contact us to reserve your space or schedule a private demonstration.
AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
Every day over a billion people worldwide rely on AccuWeather to help them plan their lives, protect their businesses, and get more from their day. AccuWeather provides hourly and Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy™ for nearly 3 million locations worldwide, with customized content and engaging video presentations available on smart phones, tablets, free wired and mobile internet sites, connected TVs, and Internet appliances, as well as via radio, television, and newspapers. Founded in 1962 by Dr. Joel N. Myers - a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society who was recognized as one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur Magazine's Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs - AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news, weather content, and video for more than 72,000 third-party websites. In 2014, the company will launch the AccuWeather Channel, an "All Weather, All the Time™" multi-platform national channel for forecasts with Superior Accuracy.
Visit StoryTeller.AccuWeather.com for additional information.
AccuWeather Enterprise Solutions (AES) is partnering with leading Geographic Information System (GIS) solutions supplier Environmental Systems Research Institute (Esri) at the 2014 International User Conference, taking a leadership role to benefit this week's event. AccuWeatherÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â’s Chief Commercial Officer Casey McGeever will serve as keynote speaker for the ÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â“Weather in GIS TrackÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â”, while two other members of the AES team present at the Business Summit: Technology Plenary.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, President and Chairman of AccuWeather, Inc. has been reappointed to the Team Pennsylvania Foundation Board of Directors, providing the organization with leadership and expertise on the private business sector. This reappointment by Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett establishes Myers as one of the longest-serving board members for Team PA Foundation, having served on the board for more than 16 years under governors of both political parties.
AccuWeather Enterprise Services provides Intelligent Data Portal users with high-resolution radar to track local storms, lightning strikes, wildfire reports, hurricanes, and other environmental factors. They also provide the most up-to-date watches and warnings; helping agents in the field make the best informed decisions when lives may be at stake.
AccuWeather, a leading global digital media company, was honored during Internet Week New York with the 2014 APPY Award for Mobile Weather Apps. AccuWeather’s award is in recognition of the company’s newly-designed iPhone app reimagined for iOS 7, AccuWeather – Weather for Life™, which showcases AccuWeather’s exclusive MinuteCast™.
AccuWeather, Inc.’s Display Systems and Services division has just signed a deal with the Nigeria's World Entertainment TV Ltd. to install four StoryTeller™ Interactive Touchscreen News Solution in their network headquarters. The turnkey StoryTeller systems will initially provide the network with the ability to deliver interactive social media commentary and weather forecasts to the network’s West African television audience, thanks to proprietary applications created by AccuWeather. Additional applications for delivering interactive presentations on virtually any topic are easily downloaded and implemented, much like those used in tablets and smartphones.
AccuWeather, the leading global digital media company, announced today that the innovative AccuWeather MinuteCast™ is now available on its web and mobile websites for Canadian locations as well as for the continental U.S. The Minute by Minute™ forecasts help users make decisions on the spot, wherever they go.
The AccuWeather Channel is building momentum with TV industry leaders as a smarter weather choice that combines value, a multi-platform experience, and a trusted brand that delivers Superior Accuracy™ to audiences around the world.
The StoryTeller® INRIX Traffic App now delivers an expanded range of features including projected drive times, customizable street labeling, the use of Webcams and sensors from any source for remote updates and visual reporting, and MinuteCast™, a feature exclusive to AccuWeather brand partners, for precipitation start and end times.
With drone technology, journalists have a whole new way to get better angles on stories and bring viewers closer to the action. Drone and remote location videos can now be integrated live with StoryTeller interactive presentations, revolutionizing the newsroom. Best of all, downloading and using StoryTeller applications and features that allow the integration of remote video is now as fast and easy as adding an app to a smartphone.
Social media has the unique advantage of giving newsrooms instant feedback, opinions, and visual content from viewers as stories are breaking. With the launch of the improved StoryTeller Social Media App at the 2014 National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show, newsrooms will now have the ability to import popular social media feeds with viewer comments and images with greater ease and effectiveness in StoryTeller Interactive Touchscreen Solution created by AccuWeather. New features also allow the app to import video and dynamically screen and sort all content for on-air use. Best of all, downloading and using the expanded Social Media App is as fast and easy as adding an app to a smartphone.